Freecoaster Trouble! I need help!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2013 6:12 PM

I have an Odyssey Reloader, i just recently got this baby going again! I ran it without trouble for a little, loving it, but then i took the wheel off and when i went to tighten it down, the drive side cone nut tightens, locking everything up. It's a pain because it wont work now. I know, they have the lock nuts, but it doesnt work. Any help is much appreciated!

Sorry for posting 2 threads in the same hour, just need some help on this!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/16/2013 9:52 AM

Come on guys! I need the help!! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/16/2013 10:03 AM

Have you tried holding the lock nut or cone nut with another wrench while your tightening the wheel to prevent it from tightening also

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/16/2013 11:59 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Have you tried holding the lock nut or cone nut with another wrench while your tightening the wheel to prevent it from tightening also

Yeah. I fixed it. The dumb lock nut stripped and messed up the axle a bit. I fixed the threads and put a different lock nut on and its good now. haha Thanks tho!

|

11/17/2013 8:34 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah. I fixed it. The dumb lock nut stripped and messed up the axle a bit. I fixed the threads and put a different lock nut on and its good now. haha Thanks tho!

Got the same problem with my crappy cheap freecoaster. But i solved it too.!
I'm glad you fixed it. Ride safe.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

11/17/2013 9:10 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

neophyte16 wrote:

Got the same problem with my crappy cheap freecoaster. But i solved it too.!
I'm glad you fixed it. Ride safe.

Yeah man! i will! thanks smile

|

11/17/2013 9:44 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You ride flatland?

|

11/17/2013 1:06 PM

I had the same issue. Get new cone nuts. They are allow and strip out easily. Also make sure the curved side is in against the bearings.

I rigged up some cone nuts from a different hub and all was well.

Then I destroyed the springs overhauling it, rendering it useless, so I rigged up a KHE wheel.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2013 1:38 PM

neophyte16 wrote:

You ride flatland?

I go in and out of it. I dont have a very good frame for it, but i can do a few things. I can peg 360, do all kinds of variations with that. Idk what anything is called, but i can do enough to start thru the winter. By the end of winter ill be good at it probably.

|

11/17/2013 4:04 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

neophyte16 wrote:

You ride flatland?

MaximusBikes wrote:

I go in and out of it. I dont have a very good frame for it, but i can do a few things. I can peg 360, do all kinds of variations with that. Idk what anything is called, but i can do enough to start thru the winter. By the end of winter ill be good at it probably.

Well the pros in flatland ride for like 8-12 hours a day, so it depends on what you mean by "good".

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2013 4:27 PM

neophyte16 wrote:

You ride flatland?

MaximusBikes wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Well the pros in flatland ride for like 8-12 hours a day, so it depends on what you mean by "good".

Well you know what i mean, like not terrible at it. I try not to compare myself to pros you know? haha thats a battle you just wont win. But i mean i would have a few tricks on lock and probably some interesting stuff. Idk just yet, but the flatland things i have learned, i picked up kinda fast, so we will see how it progresses with me.

|

11/17/2013 5:07 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Well you know what i mean, like not terrible at it. I try not to compare myself to pros you know? haha thats a battle you just wont win. But i mean i would have a few tricks on lock and probably some interesting stuff. Idk just yet, but the flatland things i have learned, i picked up kinda fast, so we will see how it progresses with me.

Yeah, we may not be "good" as pros but at least we are enjoying doing flatland tricks.

|