Freecoaster and trails?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2009 4:10 PM

I'm considering getting a freecoaster, but I also ride trails pretty often. Will I still be able to ride trails with my freecoaster or will it get screwed up? and i dont have the money to build myself a trails bike

|

9/23/2009 4:11 PM

just swap out ur wheel when you go ride trails
since you have a cassette right now

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

9/23/2009 4:15 PM

sunday color. wrote:

good idea. i didnt think of that. i guess i could do that. my cassette wheel i have now is a piece of crap. its an alienation black sheep, with stock haro cassette hub. but its worked fine for a while now

|

9/23/2009 4:17 PM

sunday color. wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

good idea. i didnt think of that. i guess i could do that. my cassette wheel i have now is a piece of crap. its an alienation black sheep, with stock haro cassette hub. but its worked fine for a while now

yes
see, i am a smart guy

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

9/23/2009 4:17 PM

Who gives a fuck what hub you have. No it won't screw your or itself up.

|

Sigs are for Pigs

9/23/2009 4:19 PM

piggy7 wrote:

Who gives a fuck what hub you have. No it won't screw your or itself up.

ok. thanks bro

|

9/23/2009 4:24 PM

my friend rode trails with his, so id try

|

NEXT bikes all god damn day

9/23/2009 4:28 PM

fitbikecole wrote:

my friend rode trails with his, so id try

aiight thanks. ive just heard freecoasters can be very tempermental sometimes, and require a good deal of maintenance

|

9/23/2009 5:11 PM

as long as you keep dirt out, i dont see any problems, even at that, i dont think you would have any problems honestly.

|

California Love

9/23/2009 5:13 PM

EricWallace wrote:

as long as you keep dirt out, i dont see any problems, even at that, i dont think you would have any problems honestly.

ok. thats what i was thinking, but i dont know very much about freecoasters. thanks

|

9/23/2009 5:15 PM

As long as your not swapping axles of your freecoaster while sitting next to the trails you will be fine.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/23/2009 5:20 PM

if your getting a freecoaster, it is probably one with and externally adjustable slack axle. just carry and allen/hex key around with you. put no slack for trails and slack for street/park. simple

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

9/23/2009 5:20 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

As long as your not swapping axles of your freecoaster while sitting next to the trails you will be fine.

well actually i was planning on doing that. damn it now i have to find a new place to swap my axle. jk. thanks, i think it will do fine on trails as long as i keep the dirt out if it

|

9/23/2009 5:22 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

if your getting a freecoaster, it is probably one with and externally adjustable slack axle. just carry and allen/hex key around with you. put no slack for trails and slack for street/park. simple

i know that, i was just wondering if riding trails with a freecoaster is going to fuck the freecoaster up. but thanks

|

9/23/2009 5:22 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

Yeah exactly, you dont wanna go for a half crank inbetween jumps to pick up some much needed speed and hit some slackkkkkkkkk

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/23/2009 5:24 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

Yeah exactly, you dont wanna go for a half crank inbetween jumps to pick up some much needed speed and hit some slackkkkkkkkk

indeed. this man is smart. im going to va tommorrow. but not roanoke. one day though

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)

9/23/2009 5:26 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

yeah that would suck

|

9/23/2009 5:31 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

indeed. this man is smart. im going to va tommorrow. but not roanoke. one day though

Where at in Virginia?

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/23/2009 5:39 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

Where at in Virginia?

farmville. its about an hour west of richmond, and an hour east of lynchburg

|

9/23/2009 5:42 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

Where at in Virginia?

alexnjbmx wrote:

farmville. its about an hour west of richmond, and an hour east of lynchburg

Yeah i was there 2 weeks ago for a Hampden Sydney Game

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/23/2009 5:44 PM

for real?so was i, i think. 2 or 3 weeks ago. it was against a college from nc. my grandparents live in farmville and my sister goes to longwood university.weird

|

9/23/2009 5:58 PM

|