Freecoaster bearings

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2016 12:37 AM

So I was looking at the cult free coaster, and noticed it had something no other freecoaster has, and that's a taper roller bearing. All other free coasters seem to have an acb (angular contact bearing). So why did cult go with this design? Are there any pros to having it vs an acb? What are your thoughts on it.

|

2/17/2016 6:49 PM

Probably the same shit but "different" Cult is decent though so I wouldn't worry about it .

The first design had a couple issues or something with some people but I think now they're pretty solid

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/17/2016 7:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2016 7:33 PM

ACB: Note that the bearings touch at angles (corners) instead of straight on the center race and outer race. Headsets are a version of it nowadays.

Photo

Taper Roller Bearing: Notice is doesn't use balls, but it has cylinders, and has a flat race the cylinders roll on, with one end being wider than the other (the taper)

Photo

The durability of the roller bearing at angled forces from a freecoaster is typically better, and in many cases rolls smoother.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/18/2016 6:49 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

ACB: Note that the bearings touch at angles (corners) instead of straight on the center race and outer race. Headsets are a ...more

Same bearing used in cars too.

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."