Freecoaster catching in fakie

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2014 7:21 PM

I'm a noob about freecoasters, but I let my friend ride It for a little bit and when I got I back it kept making the cranks go backwards in the fakie once I land. I've ridden it for a few weeks so I know I'm not riding weird, it just ALWAYS locks up. Idk do you know what's wrong? Thanks

|

4/4/2014 7:22 PM

Slack adjusted whilst he rode? I don't even know if that would matter.

|

4/4/2014 7:36 PM

fucking noobs shouldnt ride coasters
if you dont disengage the coaster before fakie, it will engage
other that you should be disassembling and regreasing the internals at least monthly, better yet weekly

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/4/2014 7:44 PM

Do not put forward pressure on the cranks while fakieing, that causes the coaster to engage which is why there is slack so you don't engage the coaster, Try to add more slack or pedal backwards once when you get into the fakie real quck as a quick safety to make sure its not going to engage. You probably just need more slack or need to practice fakies more being able to not engage it so you don't get injured.

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

4/4/2014 7:47 PM

Make sure you are disengaging properly with a decent backpedal, I like to do just undet a quart crank to fully disengage.

|

4/4/2014 9:05 PM

I had that. I ride a coaster.

Pedal down first , then bring your pedals back to parellel. It disengages the hub.There , the driver doesnt catch , letting you fakie !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/5/2014 11:11 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Pedal down first , then bring your pedals back to parellel. It disengages the hub.There , the ...more

This.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

4/5/2014 12:39 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Pedal down first , then bring your pedals back to parellel. It disengages the hub.There , the ...more

neophyte16 wrote:

This.

x3

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/5/2014 1:04 PM

Always disengage before doing some sort of fakie trick (give it a 1/4 crank forward and then pedal back).
If the problem persists then take it apart, clean, and re-grease.

|

4/5/2014 2:10 PM

This is why freecoasters are gay.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/5/2014 7:03 PM

With Cassete that doesnt happen...
cassette
cassett
casset
casse
cass
cas
ca
c

|

4/6/2014 7:33 AM

WuTrailClan wrote:

Do not put forward pressure on the cranks while fakieing, that causes the coaster to engage which is why there is slack so you ...more

This.

Make sure you aren't moving your feet at all. I would bet you have a little forward pressure when you land, causing it to catch.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2014 7:44 AM

kokyandrei wrote:

cassette
cassett
casset
casse
cass
cas
ca
c

BUT going in a fc and chainless is much funnier.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/6/2014 8:17 AM

kokyandrei wrote:

cassette
cassett
casset
casse
cass
cas
ca
c

Actually, cassette catch EVERY time you go fakie. If they don't you have an issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2014 12:31 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Actually, cassette catch EVERY time you go fakie. If they don't you have an issue.

I think that he means the issues in general.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

4/6/2014 2:40 PM

kokyandrei wrote:

cassette
cassett
casset
casse
cass
cas
ca
c

dave lawrence wrote:

T-rider wrote:

I think that he means the issues in general.

I know, being a smartass smile

But as to the OP, if it is locking up, do you mean it acts like a fixie hub?

Did you ever swap drive side or buy it used?

MIGHT be your clutch ring inside the hub causing the issue, if it came out or unthreaded from the hub shell (older ones are threaded in place) they could come out, especially if drive side is swapped, causing a "fixie-like" lock up.

It could also be a slack spacer is in the wrong spot or something, or if it has externally adjustable slack, it could have bee adjusted in some way. A guy I know lost his external slack bolt causing a weird issue.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura