Freecoaster changes slack?help

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2017 3:17 PM

My freecoaster recently started to slip and change slack. Sometimes its almost 3 full cranks sometimes its stock slack and sometimes its almost instant. I dont know if the problem is in spring or clutch because my spring balls are almost new.
Any suggestions or tips .Has something like that has happened to you. Also i regrease my hub every ~2 months.

|

10/16/2017 4:01 PM

Watch_Doge wrote:

My freecoaster recently started to slip and change slack. Sometimes its almost 3 full cranks sometimes its stock slack and ...more

Check if there's a groove worn on the inside of the clutch. If there is, you need to replace it. Otherwise, it's the ball bearings.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

10/16/2017 8:22 PM

Silly question - what type of freecoaster? Mine are all axle, driver, clutch, spacers, sealed bearings, and lock nuts.

|

10/16/2017 9:09 PM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Silly question - what type of freecoaster? Mine are all axle, driver, clutch, spacers, sealed bearings, and lock nuts.

Same type as yours unless you have the odyssey clutch, the ball bearings mentioned above are the spring-loaded ones that give the clutch some resistance in the normal KHE type coasters.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson