Freecoaster for double crankflips

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2020 4:29 PM

Hey I'm a cassette rider and I really want to buy a freecoaster but I'm really into crankflips... It's basically one of my favorite tricks beside the tailwhip.... Well could you recomend me a really good double crankflip able freecoaster thanks! 🤘🔥

|

2/26/2020 4:54 PM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Hey I'm a cassette rider and I really want to buy a freecoaster but I'm really into crankflips... It's basically one of my favorite tricks beside the tailwhip.... Well could you recomend me a really good double crankflip able freecoaster thanks! 🤘🔥

From what I can understand the only freecoaster that can do this is the profile Zcoaster

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/26/2020 4:56 PM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

From what I can understand the only freecoaster that can do this is the profile Zcoaster

Well I know that is really good at them but...
1 it's hella cash for a hub
2 I'm a street rider and I do a lot of gaps, drops and I don't want to destroy so fast such a expensive hub

|

2/26/2020 4:58 PM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

And I heard of a coaster named the freenight planetary... And aparentlly is really good at crankflips but is it durable or with it?

|

2/26/2020 5:08 PM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

And I heard of a coaster named the freenight planetary... And aparentlly is really good at crankflips but is it durable or with it?

Never heard of it. What's your budget? As far as I know the profile is the only crankflippable freecoaster because it's 50/50 freecoaster and cassette

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/26/2020 5:13 PM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Bulletpup has the free night. He’s only had good things to say about it.

|

2/26/2020 7:39 PM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

Never heard of it. What's your budget? As far as I know the profile is the only crankflippable freecoaster because it's 50/50 freecoaster and cassette

I wouldn't say the Z-Coaster is good for crank flips. Same as any other coaster, it relies on a small amount of drag to go from disengaged to engaged.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2020 4:31 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Bulletpup has the free night. He’s only had good things to say about it.

So does that Brant Moore dude who seems to be pretty pumped on it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2020 5:54 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

So does that Brant Moore dude who seems to be pretty pumped on it.

ironically i haven't see him use it or talk about it since he first reviewed it.

|

2/27/2020 6:21 AM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

That Free Night hub isn't a cheap hub. It comes down to what you really want to do. Do you want to do crank flips and freecoaster tricks? Then it sounds like you will have to pay for a hub capable of what you are demanding. Otherwise, you keep riding a cassette.

|

2/27/2020 6:24 AM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

That Free Night hub isn't a cheap hub. It comes down to what you really want to do. Do you want to do crank flips and freecoaster tricks? Then it sounds like you will have to pay for a hub capable of what you are demanding. Otherwise, you keep riding a cassette.

Sure but is still not as expensive as a profile hub

|

2/27/2020 6:38 AM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I wouldn't say the Z-Coaster is good for crank flips. Same as any other coaster, it relies on a small amount of drag to go from disengaged to engaged.

Yeah but the way that it engages is different than other coasters from what I’ve seen because it requires two specific movements rather then just backpedaling. I’ve never seen anyone crankflip a coaster but I figured the Z-coaster would do it pretty good.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/27/2020 6:45 AM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

Sure but is still not as expensive as a profile hub

True. I just don't know your budget concerns. I think you can get a whole freenight planetary wheel for the cost of a profile Zcoaster.

|

2/27/2020 6:46 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Yeah but the way that it engages is different than other coasters from what I’ve seen because it requires two specific movements rather then just backpedaling. I’ve never seen anyone crankflip a coaster but I figured the Z-coaster would do it pretty good.

It's not all that different. The only major difference is that is can stay engaged and thereby give you nearly no engagement lag. I've had one for the past 3 years. Believe me, I know this hub; how it works, what it can do and what it can't do... wink

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2020 7:17 AM

I have seen the free night do doubles.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

2/27/2020 7:27 AM

Did you ever learn tailwhips? i know you made a post a few months ago about wanting to land one before the end of the year.

|

2/27/2020 7:44 AM

Artem_Yarmyshev wrote:

In case you missed it, here's our local reviewer of this hub. You can see in his review that you can definitely double crank flip.

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Gonna-be-reviewing-a-potential-game-changer-hub,1322647?page=1

|

2/28/2020 4:33 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

It's not all that different. The only major difference is that is can stay engaged and thereby give you nearly no engagement lag. I've had one for the past 3 years. Believe me, I know this hub; how it works, what it can do and what it can't do... wink

On the topic of crankflippable freecoasters apparently the Clutch V2 is "crankflip ready". Does this actually hold up or is Odyssey pulling our leg here?

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

2/28/2020 5:37 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

On the topic of crankflippable freecoasters apparently the Clutch V2 is "crankflip ready". Does this actually hold up or is Odyssey pulling our leg here?

As far as I've heard, they're pretty hit and miss; some are but others aren't.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

2/29/2020 6:17 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

Per Odyssey’s own words - Each batch of that hub is manufactured slightly different to keep up with the issues they have with each batch. Because of this - some crankflip, some don’t.
Oh and Matt Nordstrom’s Clutch v2 that he’s running in the Clutch v2 promo video is “modified” to do double crankflips..

My friend double crank flips his V1 but I don’t know anybody with a V2 that double spins. But my old v2 a few years ago could double.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would definitely look into any hub but the Clutch, or hold off until the G-Coaster to see if it fixes all the issues the Clutch has.

P.S. my new Clutch v2 from Warranty (this marks my 3rd one now) just flipped a switch yesterday mid-session and is now doing the exact same thing my previous one was doing🙃

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx