Freecoaster newb.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2014 9:50 PM

So yeah, I've ALWAYS rode a cassette. I've tried a freecoaster and I've watched the videos on the internals but I still need to have everything laid out for me in a simpler manner. And I decide on getting one after I sell my current cassette. I've heard that ALL freecoaster hubs have at least one problem at some point. And slack adjustment, etc. Yes, I have fakies dialed like hell, not just getting one cause I can't fakie.. I've heard of some clutch problems ALL the time or engagement or whatever, and bearings blowing out. Those are the most common apart from slack problems, too.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/13/2014 9:58 PM

seems like eventually im going to be the only person without a coaster sad

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/13/2014 10:00 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Ill still be here with the cassette cause "fuck a freecoaster" atleasts that 2 of us xD

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

1/13/2014 10:03 PM

I guess I'm REALLY curious now cause I mean, it's the trend. But on the colored tires, I still think they're gay AF.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/13/2014 10:17 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

kevin burnett wrote:

Ill still be here with the cassette cause "fuck a freecoaster" atleasts that 2 of us xD

I'm third.. Just not my style.. Also why would I get a hub, that will have more problems.. So I can go backward without pedalling

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/13/2014 10:18 PM

It's mostly the bearings getting blown out due to lateral forces. The clutch should be fine unless you use older spring tension. I believe as long as you grease everything , you should be fine. I'm no expert but after watching videos they seem pretty basic to work on. When my coaster comes I'm going to remove everything to get a hand for it and learn how to do everything , plus grease the bearings and the threads on the clutch / driver

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/13/2014 10:19 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I'm third.. Just not my style.. Also why would I get a hub, that will have more problems.. So I can go backward without pedalling

me fourth.

I can respect freecoaster riders and all, but it's not my thing.

|

1/13/2014 10:26 PM

I really don't get why alot of people don't like them

1 ; It's a trend? Doesn't mean they're stupid of swagfags or anything. If you hate something because it's a trend , you're dumb haha.

2 : Have fun ! They seem fun , I can't wait for one.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/14/2014 5:36 AM

If I had a spare couple of hundred dollars I'd buy a coaster wheel just use it as a spare wheel or something I swap in and out as I feel like it

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

1/14/2014 5:51 AM

I have a cassette and a coaster, and to me, both are fun.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/14/2014 5:52 AM

Gump wrote:

If I had a spare couple of hundred dollars I'd buy a coaster wheel just use it as a spare wheel or something I swap in and out as I feel like it

That's what I would do also. Just have it ready to switch out with tire already and set to go.

|

1/14/2014 8:56 AM

Buy a coaster but keep your cassette too

|

It’s all bmx

1/14/2014 9:17 AM

Gump wrote:

Fondue wrote:

That's what I would do also. Just have it ready to switch out with tire already and set to go.

Save some cash and get ahold of one for the heck of it?

Buy a hub and find a spare rim a buddy has?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/14/2014 9:24 AM

kevin burnett wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

me fourth.

I can respect freecoaster riders and all, but it's not my thing.

I agree. A coaster would help me learn fakies, but the cons might out way the pros, you know? Plus, if you want to make a cheap freecoaster, just get an old coasterbrake hub. Take the brake shoes out and you're good to go.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417