Freecoaster not engaging

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2015 3:37 PM

Ok so I've looked everywhere to try and find someone with the same problem as me but I can't find it.
I bought a brand new federal v3 freecoaster and I took it apart following close instructions to the video specific to this freecoaster so I could put more spacers in. When taking it apart the video said to remove the shift by knocking on the non drive side with a hammer... Which was wrong as it was supposed to be the other side. I then put 2 more spacers in making it 3 overall and pit it all back together numerous amount of times but it still doesn't engage at all just keeps spinning. I've tried taking the spacers out so it was back to just 1 but still nothing.

|

11/17/2015 6:29 PM

Make sure the clutch is in the right way

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/18/2015 2:52 AM

It is and its all layed out just like every video I've seen.

|

11/18/2015 4:12 AM

I made that exact mistake once. I hammered on the wrong side. It resulted in destroying the spring and balls. That's more than likely what happened to you. Check the springball setup on the axle. Without that, the clutch has nothing to grip resulting in it spinning with the driver rather than threading down the driver to grip the shell and engage.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/18/2015 5:07 AM

I can see that they are damaged on one side from hitting the wrong way. If I replaced these would it work?

|

11/18/2015 6:04 AM

Harry_Burnett wrote:

I can see that they are damaged on one side from hitting the wrong way. If I replaced these would it work?

Probably, but without seeing it, we have a hard time diagnosing that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/18/2015 6:19 AM

Well I've bought the balls and springs and they're coming from the US so hopefully it works thankyou for the help

|