Freecoaster or Cassete

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2008 12:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2008 12:10 PM

I have a freewheel but I am planning on buying either a cassete or freecoaster this week. I've never ridden freecoaster so I was wondering if it was easier or harder than a casseste. If anybody rides a freecoaster and input would be great. Same if you ride cassete.

|

6/19/2008 12:20 PM

personally never ridden a free coaster...but cassette has been awesome for me...i was riding the same set of profile cassettes for about 4 years and the only reason i got rid of them was to get minis...save weight i guess...but their virtually maintenance free....

|

titties and beer > everything

6/19/2008 12:29 PM

yeah
i heard freecoaster are an ass to fix
but you can do some pretty cool shit with it
if you no how to use it
but i ride a cassette and its perfect

|

6/19/2008 12:49 PM

freecoaster take alot to maintain and keep working properly, but u can do some unique stuff on them

it is HARDER to roll back without pedeling ay first,

the back pedeling gives u kind of a balance thing, freecoaster just gives u a better foot position for throwing tricks backwards.

it is still possible to do most tricks on a cassette though (like fakie barspins tailwhips footjam whips ect.)

like i just switched back to a cassette and it took a while but i got fakie barspins back.

I DO NOT recomend freecoaster if u are a begginer though

a casette it safer stronger and so much more solid for riding.

|

throw bars all day

(oh and in case you were wondering 24.5")

6/19/2008 1:51 PM

i began on a freecoaster.
i ride a cassette when i want to change gearing but i like the coaster so much more.

i can fakie easier with the freecoaster, then i use a cassette i just get fucked up.

as for maintenace. just gotta keep the driver lubed. i do mine once every two weeks or more if i ride in dirt.

yes i ride a freecoaster in dirt.

|

6/19/2008 1:55 PM

ive only been riding for about 2 months maybe... I've been riding a freewheel so far. As far as
maintaining my freecoaster do I have to take it all apart or just lube it somewhere?

|

6/19/2008 1:58 PM

just take the driver off and lube the threads real good.
you'll see what i mean once you take it off.

put the grease inside the hub too..

|

6/19/2008 2:00 PM

I'll have to figure that out once I get it. If I get a freecoaster. Does it come with a set of instructions to help you learn how to lube and take apart everything?

|

6/19/2008 2:05 PM

go to
free-coaster.com
tells you everything you need to know about maintenance.

|

6/19/2008 2:09 PM

awesome thanks dude.

|