Freecoaster problem

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2014 10:52 AM

I have the alienation rush v2 freecoaster hub, I've had it for a couple years now and just recently it got really hard to pedal frontwards and backwards (and it feels very rough) and it locks up from time to time and I'm curious what is wrong with it so I don't buy the wrong parts to fix it.

|

3/9/2014 11:11 AM

Sounds like bearings are fucked. Pull it down and have a look.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

3/9/2014 11:45 AM

Bearings....orrr the clutch isn't greased enough. The splines should be slightly greased , so pull it apart and check and see if that's the reason.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/9/2014 12:52 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Bearings....orrr the clutch isn't greased enough. The splines should be slightly greased , so pull it apart and check and see ...more

This or a buddy of mine managed to unthread his clutch plate (what the clutch hits to turn the wheel) as he swapped it from RHD to LHD.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/10/2014 5:12 AM

I'm pretty sure I have fixed it, the lock nut that compresses against the driver was stripped so I replaced it and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the replies, I figured it was the drive side bearings as well however now it is just as it was before, I will let you know if anything else comes up.

|