Freecoasters

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2008 9:54 AM

Anyone use them? Are they any good?

|

<insert signature here>

3/22/2008 10:13 AM

i have had one for about 8 months at first it accually makes rolling out harder but you just have to keep practiceing until you learn half-cabs and once you have them down good freecoasters are great

|

3/22/2008 10:19 AM

i dont like em

|

3/22/2008 10:39 AM

are free coasters those shits that lock when you try to go backwards? if so they suck ass!

|

LIFE, A PARADOX WE CANT EXPLAIN YET FEEL EVERYDAY...

3/22/2008 1:39 PM

2old2care wrote:

are free coasters those shits that lock when you try to go backwards? if so they suck ass!

freecosters dont engage when u roll backward

i ride one their alot of fun, it takes a little while o get used to not having to pedel backwards but once u do, fakie barspins and fakie footjam whips are so much easier

and 3 to fakies and bar to fakies and stuff like that looks alot cooler

but thats just my personal opinion i guess

|

throw bars all day

(oh and in case you were wondering 24.5")

3/22/2008 1:58 PM

which one makes the buzzing noise when your rolling backwards and you dont have to pedal? freecoasters or cassettes!

|

LIFE, A PARADOX WE CANT EXPLAIN YET FEEL EVERYDAY...

3/22/2008 2:39 PM

there mint i have the federal one is so sick!!!!!!! but i would wait til the shadow conspiracy one comes out

|

3/22/2008 4:12 PM

2old2care wrote:

which one makes the buzzing noise when your rolling backwards and you dont have to pedal? freecoasters or cassettes!

freecoasters.

the federal one looks sick. I would never go freecoaster though. too much maintenance. they look kinda lame rolling backwards too

|

3/22/2008 4:18 PM

freecoasters are awesome.
ive had 2, a nankai and i just got my federal.
if you run a rhd, get a nankai and save yourself some money in the long run.
if you have lhd, get the federal. the v2 federal coaster just came out this week (i got mine 2 days before it came out suckas!), and they have rubber bushings in the driver instead of bearings.

freecoasters do require maintainance though. with nankais, you HAVE to clean them out and regrease them every 2 weeks.

|

REFS: trickbiker169, Dah Man, letstartariot, Hofmann Scarab

3/22/2008 4:57 PM

I think they suck. Sometimes they dont engage and it is a very scary feeling

|

Dude I Totally Want That

3/22/2008 5:09 PM

freecoasters are really fun once you get used to them

|

skate boards kill trees

3/22/2008 5:55 PM

Bike Source in Jersey wrote:

I think they suck. Sometimes they dont engage and it is a very scary feeling

if it doesnt engage then it is in need of maintainance , generally a good adjustment and re-greasing will do wonders

|

3/22/2008 6:06 PM

2old2care wrote:

actually they dont always lock that would be a cassette that does that.

Freecoasters take a bit of time to get used to with the slack and how it doesnt engage right away. but once you get use to them and get half cabs down they are fun and easy.
Honestly i dont need one but i needed a new hub so i got a freecoaster to try it out and i love it. they only downside is matienence but you only have to clean it like once a month.

|

I burn skateboards