Freecoasters suck...?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2009 11:07 PM

So I just installed a KHE Reverse freecoaster [USED] and it is the first time I ever rode a freecoaster. After a full day, my opinion is: I hate it!!!

... but I may be wrong and need feedback.

Here is my experience so far: I pedal forward and who knows when it'll catch. Sometimes in a 1/4 turn, sometimes a 1/2 to full. Its a crapshoot. And if I pedal back, say 4 revolutions, I now have to pedal forwards 4 revolutions before it'll catch again. Is this normal for a freecoaster?? It feels like I have to wind it up before it starts working again. I am used to freewheel/cassette where it starts working right away.

Is my experience of a freecoaster normal? Or is my used freecoaster working incorrectly. Any help would be appreciated. I heard freecoasters aren't for everybody, but they seem so unpredictable that they are just bad.

|

9/14/2009 1:50 AM

I rode one the other day and didn't seem to have to do for revolutions forward after doing 4 back words.. i could be wrong. I've been debating on getting one but i don't do enough fakies, and i can handle pedaling backwards alright.. they look soo good going fast and 180ing then just faking for ever with out pedaling. looks so clean.

|

9/14/2009 1:57 AM

if you have a free coaster can i ask why you were pedalling backwards

|

"go high, touch the sky"

9/14/2009 2:27 AM

iismatthew wrote:

I rode one the other day and didn't seem to have to do for revolutions forward after doing 4 back words.. i could be wrong. I've been debating on getting one but i don't do enough fakies, and i can handle pedaling backwards alright.. they look soo good going fast and 180ing then just faking for ever with out pedaling. looks so clean.

can u fuckin change your display pic

|

I hate the guy who posted above me.

9/14/2009 2:41 AM

iismatthew wrote:

Stx3 wrote:

hahaha some people cud get a seizure from it

|

9/14/2009 3:10 AM

So i dont wanna read all that, but freecoasters are alot different than cassets and it takes time to get use to them.

|

Fly Bikes

9/14/2009 4:05 AM

sounds like your clutch isn't engaging correctly, or your an idiot that cant tell the difference between 1/4 and1/2 cranks. oh, and don't back pedal 4 cranks. its a freecoaster. you don't have too

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

9/14/2009 4:18 AM

why the fuck are u backpedaling? maybe u should take up skating or something, since bikes are too confusing to you

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/14/2009 4:24 AM

no.

|

Harold and Kumar Go To Taco Bell

ADD This

http://www.myspace.com/platinumbmx

9/14/2009 7:06 AM

iismatthew wrote:

Stx3 wrote:

aznsbmx? wrote:

Why would i change it, It's impossible to miss.

|

9/14/2009 7:36 AM

Stx3 wrote:

aznsbmx? wrote:

iismatthew wrote:

and incredibly annoying

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/14/2009 11:48 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

why the fuck are u backpedaling? maybe u should take up skating or something, since bikes are too confusing to you

Thanks for replying, JustRideBMX. You retard opinions are so appreciated. I really liked how nothing about your statement was even remotely helpful, then went straight to the insult. You must have made yourself feel really big after such a "witty" response.

|

9/14/2009 12:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 9:52 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

gibble wrote:

Thanks for replying, JustRideBMX. You retard opinions are so appreciated. I really liked how nothing about your statement was even remotely helpful, then went straight to the insult. You must have made yourself feel really big after such a "witty" response.

hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

9/14/2009 12:13 PM

OF COURSE THEY SUCK

learn how to fakie with a cassette, do it, you wont.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

9/14/2009 12:19 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

OF COURSE THEY SUCK

im getting my freecoaster wed. smile

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

9/14/2009 12:34 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

OF COURSE THEY SUCK

i freecoast....

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/14/2009 12:39 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

OF COURSE THEY SUCK

JustRideBMX wrote:

i freecoast....

good for you want a cookie

|

Biggest troll.

9/14/2009 12:55 PM

freecoasters suck if you dont know how to use one or maintain one. if you dont know how to do shit to a freecoaster, dont get one because all you will do is destroy it.

|

9/14/2009 1:06 PM

you bought a beat ass piece of shit in my opinion

|

Ed's Bike Shop Flow Team.
Go Webbie!

9/14/2009 1:12 PM

iismatthew wrote:

because its fucking annoying

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

9/14/2009 3:19 PM

aznsbmx? wrote:

iismatthew wrote:

cschmall wrote:

because its fucking annoying

So its working, SUCCESS!

|

9/14/2009 3:25 PM

Anyhoooo...

anyone have any good beginner vids on freecoasters? I really want to like my freecoaster but I am having a hard time, so more info would help. I do need to learn more about them, so any info would be appreciated.

PS. this post was not intended to cause rage/anger/bitterness/erectile dysfunction. So please stick with helpful comments, if possible.

Thanks.

|

9/14/2009 3:28 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

OF COURSE THEY SUCK

freecoasters are the complete opposite way of becoming a man

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
myspace.com/ride4blue
[LINK TO IMAGE]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.

9/14/2009 3:46 PM

gibble wrote:

Well since you have made a fool of your self asking about back pedaling with a coaster.

I Have not had a coaster yet but it sounds like your coaster is broken. Take it to a shop they will probably be able to fix the engagement problem.

|

9/14/2009 4:54 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

gibble wrote:

Twisted654 wrote:

Well since you have made a fool of your self asking about back pedaling with a coaster.

I Have not had a coaster yet but it sounds like your coaster is broken. Take it to a shop they will probably be able to fix the engagement problem.

hahaha- man, you guys are total whiners. Emo bitches smile

back-pedal: I never used one before, as the post stated. I was just getting a feel for it, it is not like I do not know which way a crank turns. I also stated I was new to freecoasters and you shit on me for asking a question and giving an explanation.

|

9/14/2009 4:56 PM

gibble wrote:

hahaha- man, you guys are total whiners. Emo bitches smile

back-pedal: I never used one before, as the post stated. I was just getting a feel for it, it is not like I do not know which way a crank turns. I also stated I was new to freecoasters and you shit on me for asking a question and giving an explanation.

You caught us, we are all emo cutters. Good job. I told you want I think is wrong with it yet you still decide to bitch. Just leave if you can't take some one calling you dumb for not realizing the obvious.

|

2/28/2021 9:02 PM

Just wanted to jump the gun...

Photo

|

2/28/2021 9:09 PM

Old vital was so cool

|

3/1/2021 6:57 AM

Hey, in 2009 I was riding the KHE reverse too! Didn't have issues with it. Bought it for a deal on Albes. It was like $160 for a complete freecoster wheel. Rode it for 2 years and sold it for $100 still it great condition. Then got the Gsport ratchet and haven't looked back smile

|

3/1/2021 2:11 PM

What you’re describing is not normal. Take it apart, clean it, check for wear. If it all looks good, lots of grease, put it back together and try it out. If you still have issues, something is worn out or sticking.

|