Freewheel help!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2016 12:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2016 12:27 PM

(Not sure if this is a stupid question) So I have an older bike that has one of those screw-on drivers/freewheel. The one that came with it was LHD and it broke. I was wondering if I am able to buy a RHD freewheel and just turn the rim around and convert the bike to RHD since I am selling it and not many people ride LHD.
This is the one that came with it that I plan to order. The bike is 2007 MirraCo Blend 1 if that helps. I assume it would since it's a flip-flop hub but I want to be 100% sure.
Thanks!
Edit: Didn't mean to post two threads, idek how I did that.

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

2/16/2016 1:35 PM

Not going to work because LHD freewheels had reverse threading to make them stay on.

BUT if it is a flip flop hub, it would work. Flip flop hubs had RHD threading on BOTH SIDES of the hub, so you could run 15t + freewheels on one side, or 14t/13t on the other.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2016 1:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Not going to work because LHD freewheels had reverse threading to make them stay on.

BUT if it is a flip flop hub, it would ...more

Thanks! It's not a flip-flop then, I wasn't entirely sure what I had. I'll just go on dans and see what they got for LHD smile

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."