Friends bike got stolen.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2013 2:02 AM

Some people came into his house at night and stole his bike.
He put all his money and time in this build and it was nearly complete.
I'm helping him search it, I know wont help much but he already filed a police report.
This is the bike.Photo

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/15/2013 2:06 AM

what cranks are those? and what part of italy

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/15/2013 2:16 AM

That sux man, I fucking hate thieves. People put so much thought,effort & love into building these bikes and they mean so much to us and some fucker does this. Was he insured? Hope so. Such a nice looking build too. Shame, hope he finds it and those fuckers go to jail or worse. What goes around come around tho, I truly believe that.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/15/2013 4:20 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

what cranks are those? and what part of italy

Those are some raw Subrosa Bitchin's.
North, in Turin.

|

7/15/2013 4:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2013 4:22 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

That sux man, I fucking hate thieves. People put so much thought,effort & love into building these bikes and they mean so ...more

I know he's 17 and he told me he was literally crying, like he doesn't have money for a new build, I'm gonna give him my old frame for free like he deserves it, he's a great rider.
Hope he gets it back I really do.

And no I don't think he was.

|

7/15/2013 5:10 AM

Best thing I can say is to check ads in the paper, craigslist if you have it there, ebay, and any hangouts/parks. Also pawn shops if you guys have something along those lines.

Those are a few of the ways I have helped track a couple bikes down.

Also, to all who don't want their setup jacked, do what I do. Log every single part of the bike, serial numbers and photos. Sounds stupid, or like a lot of work, but in the end it pays off if you stuff gets stolen, you can much more easily prove it is yours with photos and serial numbers (take a photo of the serial number even).

Seriously document what you have. People suck, and wannabe thugs think these bikes are like 150 bucks. They have no clue what they really cost. I had a guy the other day stop me and ask what kind of bike mine is, then he was like "What did that run, like 200 bucks?"

I smiled and told him "Closer to 1300".

He was like "Daaaayyuummmm!!!!!" And then looked me up and down like he was sizing me up to try to jump me for it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2013 5:15 AM

Yeah I've been double checking every possible craiglist type of site, been posting on facebook too for people to look out, everyone knows each other here riderwise, skaters and even scooter riders so people will help.
But yeah I think I'll probably do that with my bike.
I always carry a 1/2" steel bar I use to take my wheels off and usually keep it in my hands, you never know.

|

7/15/2013 12:40 PM

That sucks, my mum got her bike stolen about a month ago, on the first day of her new delivery job, and it was locked up, and she was only gone for 5 minutes. What makes it even worse is that she saw some 12-13 year olds eyeing it up, but she assumed that they wouldn't steal it, but it was probably them that did. Luckily it was insured though so she could get a new one.

|

7/15/2013 4:02 PM

That's fucked up. I know the feeling as well. I was out for 4 years trying to complete the bike I have now after my last got jacked. The fact of them actually breaking and entering is the crazy part, because it had to have been someone he calls a "friend" that knew it was there. That's why I keep mine in my room, we have a 100+lb red nose pitbull inside at all times, plus my roommate is a Marine and we have several guns in the house and all of us are trained to shoot pretty accurate. So whoever broke into my pad wouldn't stand a chance. Lol

|

7/15/2013 4:08 PM

i really, really, REALLY HATE Bike thieves with a passion. Especially in situations like this. Kid saves his ass off gets himself a decent bike & some fucktard steals it. Probably just to sell on for dirt cheap because they have no idea what its worth.

|

7/15/2013 4:19 PM

I don't know if you guys have Craigslist out there, but I'd watch that if so and Ebay and whatnot. Ask other riders as well and ask detailed questions, because most people with stolen parts have sketchy stories and give themselves away. And tell him to watch for his parts in different colors, because chances are it's been repainted already in a desperate attempt to hope you guys don't notice. Remember, thieves aren't smart, that's why they have to steal instead of getting a job in the first place. Lol

|

7/15/2013 5:01 PM

Damn Dude, That Sucks. Good Luck On The Search! Beat The Fucker If You Find Him!!

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

7/15/2013 6:52 PM

Depending on how it works over there, Homeowners insurance typically covers theft from the home...so he MIGHT have coverage if you guys have that stuff. Have him talk with his parents about it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/15/2013 8:00 PM

I wanna try and insure my ride haha. that would be badass if i could get it insured, i know a dude that got his stolen out of his car and he got roughly 2400 bucks for a new one XD he spent like 1400 on a new one he was riding that day! Maybe thatll work out for him! I always lock my doors and keep mine inside. haha plus im always awake and/or riding it. I dont live in an area that stealing happens much. And oh God the other day some fucker with a truck stole my rail!!!!!!! I was so ready to beat someone!!!! It was on my porch and some douche stole it!!!!! Im just glad i have a friend that welds and he said hed make me a new, better one haha.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/15/2013 9:13 PM

if your in the usa fuck the police they dont wanna do shit unless they make money off of it. government is all profit

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/16/2013 8:43 AM

Damn man. I hate hearing about this shit. Lowlife motherfuckers jacking bikes. Wish the cops would set up a decoy bike like they do cars. That would be a great show to watch, especially if a seat post charge shot them in the groin with one of those 12ga bean bag rounds, haha. Great shit there!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/16/2013 9:42 AM

I really hate thieves, my last bike was stolen from my school I was still putting it together and it was nothing special but still

that's why now I use two of the big ass U locks and heavy duty cable lock its like 20 pounds of extra weight I have to carry around when I ride but to me its worth it especially where I live

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/16/2013 11:57 AM

Nothing yet still searching.
I found an add for the same frame and front hub on a complete custom, I highly doubt the thieves were smart enough to unlace and re-lace the hub on another rim.
I asked the guy about the bike and he seems alright with it so nope it's not that one.
Hope everything works out.

|