From a race to park bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2014 4:34 PM

Hello everybody!

I'm new here to the forum but have gone here many times for advice.

So, I have been riding for about 6 years. My first bike (besides a mongoose. When I started getting serious.) was and is now a 2011 intense BMX xl pro, racing bike. I only raced for a year-year and a half because I started getting out of it and getting into park/DJ.

I'm ready to get a park bike because every time I ride another good park bike at our park, it feels like I can do everything that I can do with my bike, but effortless.

So, first question, is it more cost effective to buy a complete bike or build one? If it is to build one, I can research each part and figure it out. Otherwise I would like some help on choosing a complete. I have looked and it looks like if I get a complete bike, the fit WiFi would be a good choice. I think I can sell my bike for 300 and I have 600 to spend so I could get it.

If I get the wifi is there anything I would want to change? I see that one of the only things that they don't specify are the wheels. Will I have to change out the wheels?

Also, I can get the WiFi frame, primo remix rear wheel, a bb, and a headset for $550 and just use my WTP cranks and my front wheel/forks/stem/bars from my old bike. Is it worth it to do that or should I just spend the 350 more to get the complete WiFi? It seems like I really only need a nice back wheel, frame and cranks..

Let me know what else you would like to know lol. Thank you guys!
Nolie

|

2/5/2014 4:53 PM

Buy a complete.

|

2/5/2014 4:57 PM

Okay.. Any suggestions? Will a $600 complete be about the same quality as a aftermarket $900 complete like the WiFi?

|

2/5/2014 5:22 PM

https://www.facebook.com/nolie.scheid.9 wrote:

Okay.. Any suggestions? Will a $600 complete be about the same quality as a aftermarket $900 complete like the WiFi?

The WiFi complete should be good.

|

2/5/2014 5:26 PM

The Wifi complete uses all of Fit's aftermarket parts so it is actually like buying a custom but for a great price. Just the fact that it comes with the Mac Sealed pedals which are $75 alone in the US is pretty impressive.

The wheels on it definitely aren't bad either. I rode them all last season and just had to true them once and a while, and recently needed to replace a couple of the bearings in the rear hub that were getting a little bit rough.

I would say that if you were getting the Wifi, ride it and just swap a few parts out here and there if you need to. Definitely keep the wheels unless you start to destroy them.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/5/2014 5:29 PM

Okay thanks! So you think the WiFi is the best complete for 900?

|

2/5/2014 5:30 PM

So in all, buy the WiFi and replace parts only as they break.

|

2/5/2014 5:32 PM

There are lots of options like we the people, just find what you want in your price range, go on danscomp and find one.

|

2/5/2014 5:35 PM

Definitely one of the best, you won't go wrong with it. One nice thing about it is that it is available in different sizes so you can get the one that fits you the best.

My only complaint is that this year they put the Skyscraper bars on it (9.25" rise) with a High Top stem so the front end is a little tall for me but a lot of dudes love that style and ride even taller setups.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/5/2014 5:37 PM

Wethepeople envy all day.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/5/2014 5:38 PM

Cool. I'll see how much it is at my LBS and if they have a 20.75..

|

2/5/2014 5:59 PM

Why would you put a link to your FB profile as your username?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/5/2014 6:01 PM

Lol, I did that 100% by accented. I just realized that and made this one.

|

2/5/2014 6:06 PM

Nolie wrote:

Lol, I did that 100% by accented. I just realized that and made this one.

You mean on accident?...oh the irony, lol

Just messin dude.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/5/2014 6:12 PM

Ahaha yes that. Usually I'm pretty good bout' that but I do mess get that one wrong frequently. Wow.. Now looking at that it was really screwed up.. Dam auto correct haha.

|

2/5/2014 7:04 PM

Just sayin if you are into dirt jumps you won't want a wifi

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/5/2014 7:17 PM

well, I'll still have my race bike.. but then I wont have enough for the fit... Wellll, it was just my 16th so maybe I can get my parents "help" smile

|

2/5/2014 7:22 PM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/5/2014 7:37 PM

I'll ride those also when I'm at the bike shop. I'm not exactly sure what I want lol. But I'll ride them and figure it out!

|

2/5/2014 8:51 PM

Ask about head tube angle and such. I'd look for a 75 degree headtube if I were you, basically the universal angle.

|

2/5/2014 9:16 PM

Okay. One of the reasons I liked the WiFi is because of the 75.5 head tube angle. Although I've never tried it it looked like every body liked the steeper angle lol.

|