|

1/6/2009 6:04 PM

And other than Adam Banton, though I'm not sure he runs them any more

|

1/6/2009 6:09 PM

nope

|

1/6/2009 8:01 PM

I do on occasion, they never work for me too well though...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/6/2009 8:05 PM

I'm about to slap some on, but I'm a little old school. I weigh almost 200, depending on the season. So the weight doesn't really bother me. Brian Katchinsky (sp) likes to run them a lot I think.

|

1/6/2009 8:08 PM

i know back in the day it was cool to run only the front..i think thats probly goin to be the next trend. people like the gonz ran them.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

1/6/2009 8:13 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

i know back in the day it was cool to run only the front..i think thats probly goin to be the next trend. people like the gonz ran them.

thats what imm doing.. and odyssey should make forks with removable 990s

|

(\__/) CRACKA!!!!
(='.'=)
(")_(")

1/6/2009 9:26 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

I've thought about but I don't like having a brake lever because they always get in the way

|

blind eyes could look at me and see the truth

1/6/2009 9:39 PM

i will never run front only..thats just plain retarded. kinda like when people dont ride pegs couse the added weight..what..a pound. you can loose a pound by taking a shit! or going from jeans to shorts you loose weight, your weight varires everyday. ya..i saw a commet on youtube about this kid couldent clear a box jump becaouse he put pegs on his bike.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

1/6/2009 9:48 PM

ok you realize what you just said was the most retarted thing ive ever heard. if u had a 50 lbs bike it would suck. it doesnt matter hwo much you weigh. its how much EXTRA weight u have to carry. ur a fucking loser

|

1/6/2009 9:59 PM

poop is extra weight, dumbass. you will not notice an extra pound on your bike. and a 50 pound bike...those are long gone. you must be a trend whore weight weinie. you realize by calling me a loser, makes you think your a badass. thats awesome. now go let your uncle touch your penis.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

1/6/2009 10:15 PM

I dont know about you, but I ride in the nude, gotta save all the weight...and i shit while i ride too. you should see all the skidmarks on my seat.

|

Me + Bike = Love

1/6/2009 10:18 PM

So tell me this Mr 15 year old know it all. If you gain 50 pounds, you will still be able to do anything u can do now. But if you add a pound to your bike, you cant do it anymore. Thats what you said anyways.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

1/6/2009 10:24 PM

something retarded

That is all.

|

Me + Bike = Love

1/6/2009 10:27 PM

you are retarded jake. you said if you buy a sunday you could ride like aaron, you just as bad as this kid. Sadly he thinks he knows everything about bikes, and both me and you were riding before this kid was potty trained. Maybe if i take my pegs off i could ride like chase hawk or somthing, well, with his logic thats what will happen.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

1/6/2009 10:31 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

So tell me this Mr 15 year old know it all. If you gain 50 pounds, you will still be able to do anything u can do now. But if you add a pound to your bike, you cant do it anymore. Thats what you said anyways.

dude u cant just add 50 extra pounds just like that
thats fucking retarded

|

1/6/2009 10:32 PM

Flat land riders ride with front brakes only with a chrome rim in the front instead of the back. I am sure there are plenty of others with front brakes too. I wanted a set up like the first P.O.S. GT I had but with all modern parts including a front brake. I wound up with a fork that has no pivots so it ain't happen'n but no big deal. Its a great fork, and a great bike. I need a chrome fork with pivots to do what I wanted and that seems to be hard to find these days. Oh well I guess I could get the brake plate but that's cheating. I need a chrome stem,bars,fork, with a silver brake. Black frame with a polished seatpost,chrome cranks,sprocket,and silver rear brake. All this with chrome rims,silver spokes, and polished hubs. Everything not mentioned black all under 24 lbs. It will never happen. LOL

|

Now don't quote me on this one...

1/6/2009 10:32 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

adammm wrote:

dude u cant just add 50 extra pounds just like that
thats fucking retarded

he said it dont matter what you weigh. im going by what he said.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

1/6/2009 10:59 PM

I gained 20 lbs in 14 days once. LOL I was on medical steroids and it was all water weight. I was always starving with in an hour of a full meal. I am glad those days are over. pffff 50 lbs.

|

1/6/2009 11:06 PM

well acording to that kid, you can weigh whatever, gain any sort of weight, and not be affected as much as putting pegs on your bike.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

1/6/2009 11:14 PM

Yeah I brought that topic up once in a short statement. LOL I told this person on here my bike weighed about 27 lbs. but I weighed 350 lbs and "can't stop eating" LOL Any weight you carry with you on your bike is OBVIOUSLY going to affect you. And of course rotating weight is worse than dead weight cuz of leverage and stuff. Its complicated for some I guess. Well take it eazy nirvestreet.

|

1/6/2009 11:22 PM

Your talkin to the wrong person about how your weight affects riding. I weigh 250 pounds. My bike weighs 27ish. But i have nothing better to do right now then make this kid feel retarded. When i got my first real bmx bike, around 11 years ago, i didint notice weight changes. I went from no pegs, to 4 pegs, to 2 pegs. from front and back brakes to no brakes. The weight never affected how i rode. Anymore kids are concerned about any little thing. It just gets on my nerves thats all. When some 15 year old kid says im a dumbass for making a statement that a pound will not affect your riding. He needs to learn a lil somthing about bmx. I was into it before he was born, and hes basicly saying i dont know anything.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

1/6/2009 11:37 PM

yeah I remember when you first joined or started asking about how to put together a bike with a old bashed up frame. LOL 27 lbs. is light. Especially for a rider at 250 lbs. I would imagine that at 250 you are flicking that bike around instead of the bike flicking you around you know. Most of us on here for any amount of time are a bit O.C.D. And our bikes are just an extension of that you know? I weigh 175 but about ten to fifteen pounds of that is bullshit. LOL I don't even really ride to learn tricks. Not that I don't want to, its just that I have always loved bmx but haven't really had time for it. I don't even have health insurance. If I get hurt bad enough I am out of luck. But since I am already over 75 thousand dollars in medical debt wtf you know. It keeps me healthy, I have fun, learning a trick is always satisfying and of course there is the hobby of building a bike that will never be done. LOL you got pictures of that bike?

|

1/6/2009 11:46 PM

pictures of what bike? the one i started on? I know what you mean about injuries, i stopped riding for a few years becouse of one. I tore shit up in my knee, didint get it looked at or nothing. A lump has developed in the knee cap area. I know a doctor so he looked at it after i was done with his car. He felt it, and was like, you tore somthing along time ago and didint get it fixed. Im like...fuck. Thats one reason im 250 pounds, i stoped riding for a while. When i first got back on my bike i was around 280. What was your name before on here?

http://bmxmuseum.com./bikes/redline/3557

that bike there is alot like the one i started on. i bent the back end of the frame on a grind.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")