Front Colony Clone?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2013 1:44 AM

Thinking about getting a Chrome/Polished colony clone..

The cult match front hub is the same price $79.99 AUD and Clone is $79.99 AUD, The clone looks like it's got a way better build quality, my friend has one but he hasn't had it long enough to tell me what's good or bad about it...

What brand bearings does it come with?
Does it make erratic noises like my cult one does? (DING....DONGDING....DINGDINGDING......DONgDDDDDONG)
Is it a really solid (stiff feeling)?
Is it really smooth? Just as smooth as drenching a hot as fuck girlfriend in sex lube oil and feeling her tits?
Is it priced well??

When i buy it i have to stick with it so i need some "Professional" insight, cause i don't want to make the same mistake as my hub being so fucking shit, the cones are continuously loose and the bearing's seating in the hub core is worn and the bearings wobble around....

Thoughts?

|

4/14/2013 1:54 AM

I know someone with one and it's been completely trouble free for about a year now, Bearings run smooth, doesn't make a noise and hasn't broken. He grinds a fair bit as well.

|

4/14/2013 1:56 AM

Does the Colony front hub have the same internals as a Proper front hub? Because the rear does, I know the rear Proper/Colony hub is really good but the Proper front hub is kinda shit. So if the Colony front hub has the same internals as the Proper front hub, I wouldn't get it.

|

4/14/2013 1:57 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I know someone with one and it's been completely trouble free for about a year now, Bearings run smooth, doesn't make a noise and hasn't broken. He grinds a fair bit as well.

Does he use a hub guard? because im going to do smith's soon and i don't want to destroy it and want to get a hub guard too... what hub guard's does it use do you know? Like other than the colony one, is it able to use any other?

|

4/14/2013 1:58 AM

brianoob wrote:

Does the Colony front hub have the same internals as a Proper front hub? Because the rear does, I know the rear Proper/Colony hub is really good but the Proper front hub is kinda shit. So if the Colony front hub has the same internals as the Proper front hub, I wouldn't get it.

Thanks man ill try look that up. I don't like proper, only their rims.

|

4/14/2013 2:01 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Does he use a hub guard? because im going to do smith's soon and i don't want to destroy it and want to get a hub guard too... what hub guard's does it use do you know? Like other than the colony one, is it able to use any other?

Yeah he uses one, but he uses a Gland.

|

4/14/2013 1:25 PM

Never knew anyone riding one, but if the internals are the same of the proper one it should be fine.
My friend runs a proper one front and it's fine, he's pegless though.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"