Front End Failure

Related:
Create New Tag

12/20/2011 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2011 3:20 PM

This happend to me the other day, went over a 5/6ft spine nice and smooth then slammed. Felt like the bike steered itself into the ground. Got up and looked down to see this mess.

All my time riding, I have NEVER seen a hub do this!

Edit: Just to clarify, it's a Profile Totem. Same internals as the Mini just a different hub shell design.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

12/20/2011 3:15 PM

Race hub for a reason

|

12/20/2011 3:19 PM

It's a Totem, not a race. Same internals as the Mini.

|

12/20/2011 3:26 PM

Booshy wrote:

Race hub for a reason

yeah bro,so chill,,,do you think its your forks that were under alot of pressure and bent and that made that happen to your hub? my friend broke the spoke hole on his totem and profile helped him out with a whole new hub,so yeah,talk to them and get back riding.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

12/20/2011 3:30 PM

Send that picture to Profile.If you have a warranty,they should hook you up.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

12/20/2011 3:33 PM

maybe it's just the photo, but does anyone else think the forks look a little odd? bent wise i mean. maybe the forks were bending resulting in pressing against the bolt funny and weakening it?

only other thing i could think of is they were overtightened, that's quite odd

|

12/20/2011 3:34 PM

I've had the forks for about 8 weeks and been off riding for 4 weeks due to injury. By the looks of thing i'll be getting my forks and hub replaced under warranty. Had the wheel since June 2011, didn't even last me a year!.

I reckon that the bolts are about quarter of an inch to short if you want to run pegs. Probably had cracked the inner axle then the spine just cause it to destroy itself as I landed later on.

|

12/20/2011 3:36 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

maybe it's just the photo, but does anyone else think the forks look a little odd? bent wise i mean. maybe the forks were bending resulting in pressing against the bolt funny and weakening it?

They're Fit Shivs, they do look a bit odd. Both dropouts are ridiculously bent and so are the fork legs.

|

12/20/2011 3:37 PM

Booshy wrote:

Race hub for a reason

Yea, that's why profile sponsors and has there own freestyle team...........totally dude.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

12/20/2011 3:46 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

BailKing wrote:

They're Fit Shivs, they do look a bit odd. Both dropouts are ridiculously bent and so are the fork legs.

that probably contributed to it breaking then haha. you should be able to warranty them both no problem though

|

12/20/2011 3:56 PM

Sent about 3 emails to Profile Europe with pictures AND i've sent off my hub. Not a single reply. Only spoke to them once and all they said was to send them the hub. No replacement until the New Year by the looks of things. Merry fucking Christmas.

Emailed Profile US and got a reply within a few hours saying that they would replace the hub as long as I paid for the shipping which would be like 12GBP. Shame I had already mailed off the hub to Profile in the UK.

|

12/20/2011 4:16 PM

that's so shitty. sometimes that stuff takes time though, when i cracked my sunday forks it took em a month to follow through with it but they did so no complaints. just be happy they're warranting it i guess even if you gotta pay shipping, beats buying a whole new hub haha

|

12/22/2011 3:27 AM

Not getting my forks replaced due to "Rider abuse". WTF?!?! Then they offer me a new pair of forks for £65 but only if I send my ones back! Better off bending them back and welding the crack up myself.

Profile pretty much just laughed at my hub as they'd never seen that happen and I won't know anything til next Thursday.

So i'm stuck at home with no front wheel or useable forks and nothing to do.

Brilliant.

|

12/22/2011 4:15 AM

id say a bad batch of the hub, i ride the same one and its seen abuse that i cant even describe. I wouldn't be surprised if that's covered under warranty. good luck mate, sick pic though, good bragging rights come with that one

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

12/22/2011 5:04 AM

Good thing I wasn't planning on buying THOSE forks! They just rolled out from under their warranty like a little bitch. Its one thing to not have a warranty at all, but to claim to have one but deny the claims that come your way is just chicken shit. Too bad, too, they have a frame in trans orange I've had my eye on for an after Christmas present to me. Guess Ill stick with the G7 Device frame.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/22/2011 5:32 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Good thing I wasn't planning on buying THOSE forks! They just rolled out from under their warranty like a little bitch. Its one thing to not have a warranty at all, but to claim to have one but deny the claims that come your way is just chicken shit. Too bad, too, they have a frame in trans orange I've had my eye on for an after Christmas present to me. Guess Ill stick with the G7 Device frame.

fit n s&m frames have a diff warranty on their frames.if you have,a proofof purchase and its under one year of being bought then its free for a new frame,if its over a year and you dont have a prooof of purchase then its a crash replace ment,im doing a crash replace ment right now with them,s&m frames $212, fit wifi $140, s4 $234... stuff like forks idk.

|

refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

12/22/2011 6:29 AM

If you ride hardcore street an aluminum internal axle isnt gonna hold up so well. My Fly front hub has one and i had to buy another axle because the bolts would pull out of the hub when id grind. Ive seen something similar to this before with a mini hub.

|

Golf Wang

The Montaña Bike Check

Cult Sticker Hatred

Benny Fucking L

Refs: Showtime402, Mybike1986

12/22/2011 8:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2011 8:40 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

fit n s&m frames have a diff warranty on their frames.if you have,a proofof purchase and its under one year of being bought then its free for a new frame,if its over a year and you dont have a prooof of purchase then its a crash replace ment,im doing a crash replace ment right now with them,s&m frames $212, fit wifi $140, s4 $234... stuff like forks idk.

Yeah, I suppose my proof of purchasse, valid warranty card, a heap of photos showing the damage and the fact that i've only had them for about 2 months wasn't enough.

|

12/22/2011 10:25 AM

That dropout is so fucked, holy shit man you go hard.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

12/22/2011 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2011 10:37 AM

ive heard that fit voided warranty when you run pegs on shivs but i was told that by a friend and never looked into it

edit i just checked the site for the shiv 2 and they talk about peg clearance so maybe thats only for shiv 1

|

fly sunday mutiny gsport primo odyssey

My Loosefer WAN CLAN Facebook Instagram @dickfarts

12/22/2011 11:03 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

BailKing wrote:

Yeah, I suppose my proof of purchasse, valid warranty card, a heap of photos showing the damage and the fact that i've only had them for about 2 months wasn't enough.

there lame now then,call them every day n complain

|

12/22/2011 11:32 AM

tips to live buy.. dont buy weightweenie parts! GSPORTGSPORT!!!!

|

12/22/2011 11:40 AM

HAROF2 wrote:

BailKing wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

Where does anywhere on Fit's website say it covers bends? You messed your forks up, yes in 2 months, I don't see how that's Fit's fault

|

twitter

PROBZ

12/22/2011 12:57 PM

BailKing wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

BJ Tomczik wrote:

Where does anywhere on Fit's website say it covers bends? You messed your forks up, yes in 2 months, I don't see how that's Fit's fault

This, I don't see how it's fits fault you can't grind right.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

12/22/2011 3:49 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

tips to live buy.. dont buy weightweenie parts! GSPORTGSPORT!!!!

Agree with you on that one. Switched from directors after like 2 years then this happens! Eclat Stream forks are next I reckon.

|

12/22/2011 4:48 PM

my advice is to but a new axle and buy some forks, its pretty obvious that fit wouldn't warranty anything they don't consider a manufacturers defect, and i have never seen any company warranty a hub.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/22/2011 5:14 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

its the picture the wheel is twisted

|

12/22/2011 6:25 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

iFLYBikes wrote:

its the picture the wheel is twisted

yes i knew that, but look at the dropouts, the forks are turned but the side he snapped the bolt on look a lot more bent down

|

12/22/2011 6:40 PM

you paid $200 plus for a hub LOL
you need new wheels buy mine

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

12/22/2011 6:43 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

you paid $200 plus for a hub LOL
you need new wheels buy mine

This, buy his wheels they're better anyways

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert