Front Hub Guards.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2011 9:43 PM

So i ride 4 pegs and now that im building a new wheel i want the spokes to last as long as possible.
So im gonna buy 2 hub guards for the front.
Should I get gsport glands or shadow conspiracy ones? Is there much protection difference?

And just for the sake of it, heres my bike check with the frame and rims i have coming in. Legit?

Tempered Treason Frame 20.8" red
Odyssey Lumberjack Bars Black
ODI Longneck Grips Black
Fit DLR Stem Black
Fit Shiv II Forks Black
Odyssey Twombolt Cranks Black
Shadow Conspiracy Ravager Sprocket Black
Shadow Conspiracy Crows Mid Seat Black
Stump Seat Post Black
Shadow Raptor Front Hub Laced To GSport Ribcage Rim Black
Shadow Raptor Cassette Hub Laced To GSport Ribcage Rim Balck
Odyssey Aitken Street KLYTE 2.25 Font Tire
Odyssey Path KLYTE 2.10 Rear Tire
FSA Impact Headset
Salt Bottom Bracket

|

11/19/2011 9:47 PM

Id just get glands, and yes legit

|

If you were a woman Id bash your skull =)

11/19/2011 9:50 PM

I'm not a big fan of glands. I don't think you really need a hub gaurd in the front, I had some and they just made me stick on ledges and bent really easy.

|

11/19/2011 10:00 PM

bmxbadass765 wrote:

I'm not a big fan of glands. I don't think you really need a hub gaurd in the front, I had some and they just made me stick on ledges and bent really easy.

I havent rode hub guards for the past year and my spokes are pretty bent. not that bad but i think its make my spokes really loose which untrues the wheel.

|

11/19/2011 10:01 PM

my shadow guard has held up well. I'm not sure how the gsport compares to it though

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

11/19/2011 10:12 PM

I think the Shadow hub guard would be the best choice inbetween both because:
1. The Shadow guard is made of Aluminium, and the gland is made of plastic (if I'm not mistaken)
2. The Shadow one looks way better, not as unnecessarily big as the Gland
3. If you have a Shadow front hub, why bother with the zipties of the Gland, when the Shadow one will look way cleaner locked on the hub.

|

11/19/2011 11:34 PM

shadow

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/19/2011 11:37 PM

Id do shadows

|

refs: moyboy5, Gucci Mane La Flurr, jbeaton13, tinybikerider33, Lee_Rager,TCbmx, ultra blade, TerrorCrew, ~Stolen Boy~, bstick, ScramHype, AO8, Austin_Read
Albe's nigglets..

11/20/2011 1:15 AM

shadow looks way cleaner

|

11/20/2011 5:43 AM

Wearnikes told me plastic last longer cause the metal deforms

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

Sig

11/20/2011 6:07 AM

Nike iD wrote:

how long?

|

11/20/2011 6:13 AM

Nike iD wrote:

JarrodBmxWA wrote:

how long?

I don't know you'll have to ask him when he gets on.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

Sig

11/20/2011 6:39 AM

i was wondering which guard to get for my raptor too, everybody at my local park though was saying gland because it has more spoke coverage, but i still don't know which to get

|

11/20/2011 7:44 AM

just get the raptor specific guards. specific guards will also work better than a universal hub guard in my opinion

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

11/20/2011 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2011 8:00 AM

Nike iD wrote:

JarrodBmxWA wrote:

how long?

My buddy ben is still on the ORIGINAL gland guard. The nice thing about the gland is it protects the spokes further out into the wheel (further from the hub) than the shadow guards. The Shadow guards look cleaner though. Your call. I would say maybe one of each? Do the shadow guard on the side you grind most, and the gland on the other to protect more of the spokes?

I have the profile front for my mini and on occasion I get on the hub guard (like grind on the top) and still hit my spokes. That is mainly on anything with angle iron on it though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura