Front Wheel Questions?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2014 6:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2014 6:57 PM

Hello, I'll start off by saying that I recently got a BSD Front Street Pro Hub laced to a Sun Big City Rim. I have a few questions.

First off all, I want to run a peg on it. Will a GLAND work, or should I get a chromoly front hub guard? (I already have a GLAND). If I need to get a chromoly front hub guard, will the Daily Grind front hub guard work? It says it fits the BSD Front Street Hub, but I have the pro version, and the pro version has its own version of the Jersey Barrier guard so I'm not sure if the DG would work. I will mostly be grinding on either my grind box or at a park, but I haven't learned double peg grinds yet so I will be learning those on it.

Second, is it better to tighten a female wheel with an allen wrench or a regular 17mm wrench? I used an allen wrench when first putting the wheel on, and when I rode it today for the first time one of the bolts came loose. (This may have been because I didn't want to tighten it too much with the allen wrench in fear of stripping it or something happening).

Third, what should I do to maintain the front wheel? I know that you're supposed to maintain a new wheel after the first couple of rides and stuff, but what exactly would I do?

(sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right with my new wheel, and I don't want anything bad to happen to it because of my lack of knowledge.)

|

12/6/2014 7:02 PM

GLANDs offer more protection and feel smoother than chromoly guards. If you're okay with the bulkiness of it, stick with the GLAND.

Always tighten with a 17mm. You'll never get it tight enough with a 6mm.

Give every nipple a quarter or half turn after a few weeks, depending on how loose they are. Make sure you stay consistent with each nipple.

|

12/6/2014 7:04 PM

Daily Grind will fit the BSD hub, I run 2 of them on my BSD.

|

12/6/2014 10:14 PM

Make your life easy, get the BSD guard and live trouble free :p

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/7/2014 5:00 PM

this gland is a good way to go, just make sure you have them ties

use the 17

and just kinda make sure it stayed true. I wouldn't really worry about regreasing it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/7/2014 5:15 PM

oh yeah, grease the threads on the bolts, and the center axle where the hub guard will sit. Just a lick though to prevent any kind of seizing.

|