Front brake cable install questions...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2018 2:50 PM

For the front brake cable on a 2017 Haro Lineage Master, I have a couple questions:

1. Ideally, how long should that cable loop be that comes out of the fork and goes to the brake?

2. Any tips on fishing the cable through that little outlet hole on the fork?

Thanks.

|

2/14/2018 3:01 PM

I usually try to make it as small as possible. If the front cable is linear, get a non linear cable. As for the hole, just keep practicing. It's like sex.

|

It’s all bmx

2/14/2018 6:43 PM

Get your stem and bars dialed first, unless you have a top cap that can accomodate an allen key and a cable (colony or odyssey). But dial them in first and make sure theyre straight. Take your front wheel off also.

Hook the top to the lever and run the cable and housing through the hole in the top cap and through the steerer tube. Near the bottom of the steerer tube crown there should be a small hole - route your cable through there (there wont be any room at the bottom between the bottom and the tire).

Put your brakes on properly. Connect your cable to the front brake hardware (hopefully your brakes came with that). Put on your front wheel (you might have to deflate and re-inflate your tire) and tighten it properly. Dial in the brakes and pads properly.

Now you’re done setting up your front brakes, go ride and have fun!

|

2/14/2018 7:00 PM

Just don't make the bend too small. I would say that's for all brakes. Look up photos online of professional setups

|

2/16/2018 4:32 PM

My front setup sticks out a bit but that's because I let the cable bend out naturally so that the pull is better. Its longish but it doesnt get in the way.

|