Front brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2013 11:09 AM

Let's talk about the amazing world of front brakes.

If you never tried them, then try them. I think Sunday still has 990 forks for like $60

|

It’s all bmx

6/14/2013 1:22 PM

Already have them, already love them.

I learnt ET to Can Nosepick 180 today.

|

6/14/2013 1:23 PM

I have brand new front brakes still in the box.

I wanna try them but I want to sell them too

|

6/14/2013 1:30 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

If I remember you have a Wethepeople complete, so it will just be a standard Bulldog Caliper. You won't be able to sell that.

|

6/14/2013 1:34 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

If I remember you have a Wethepeople complete, so it will just be a standard Bulldog Caliper. You won't be able to sell that.

I still have my back brake somewhere, can I take the clear pads from that and replace them with the black pads on the front

|

6/14/2013 1:35 PM

My friends hate me because I don't hit dirt jumps, I just nosepick the landings...

|

6/14/2013 2:29 PM

Probably gonna get my front brakes on Tuesday.

What do I need to know about running front brakes?

|

6/14/2013 2:33 PM

i tried em on a friends bike and there soo much fun, I was just messing around trying nose tricks all day
sadly my forks don't have mounts for them

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/14/2013 2:40 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

i tried em on a friends bike and there soo much fun, I was just messing around trying nose tricks all day
sadly my forks don't ...more

My forks don't have mounts, there is just a small hole at the front of the fork can I still run FB (front brake)

|

6/14/2013 2:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 2:56 PM

I used to run front & back brakes on both my Flatland bike & my street/park bike. Whilst i did enjoy riding them my riding just kind've evolved into not needing or using them especially on the Flatland bike.

Street/Park Bike (Without Pegs!)
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Flatland Bike (Mid Build, the brakes aren't fully set up yet!)
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Flatland Bike (Re-Spray, a few new parts)
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Second Flatland Bike
[LINK TO IMAGE]

More of the Second Flatland Bike:
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/14/2013 2:58 PM

I'm going through my photobucket right now. Whilst i have found some pictures of me with long hair & a beard with my ex (not good lol) I have found some fucking quality old pictures of bikes & Flatland parts i wanted like 8 years ago lol.

|

6/14/2013 3:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 3:04 PM

More Street/Park Bike!

[LINK TO IMAGE]

George French's (G-Sport Owners) Sunday OG? Or Second Wave. Note the Director Forks with Front Brakes!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/14/2013 3:09 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

KaneF15 wrote:

My forks don't have mounts, there is just a small hole at the front of the fork can I still run FB (front brake)

yeah you can still run front brakes but you need caliper brakes instead of U brakes

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/14/2013 3:10 PM

Topsey wrote:

More Street/Park Bike!

[LINK TO IMAGE]

George French's (G-Sport Owners) Sunday OG? Or Second Wave. Note the Director Forks ...more

Noticed the Crucial stickers, my local man, where you from?

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/14/2013 3:12 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

KaneF15 wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

yeah you can still run front brakes but you need caliper brakes instead of U brakes

I have them.

What do I need to know about front brakes?

|

6/14/2013 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 3:15 PM

zenith111 wrote:

Noticed the Crucial stickers, my local man, where you from?

I'm actually in Oxfordshire. I have totally forgotten his bloody name BUT... The owner used to be on a forum i was on, he was really safe gave me some discounts on parts when they first started up so i rep'd the stickers. I buy the majority of my parts from Empire in America now or Flatland Fuel depending on what i want smile

|

6/14/2013 3:16 PM

Topsey wrote:

I'm actually in Oxfordshire. I have totally forgotten his bloody name BUT... The owner used to be on a forum i was on, he was ...more

Scott Summerhayes? Yeah he used to alright, the fames gone to his head now he thinks he's some underground villain. The scooter deals fucking hilarious, was in the shop the other day and they sell more scooters than bikes.

|

I got refs

6/14/2013 3:18 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/489057.php

buy one of those and you can run 990's on your fork...

|

6/14/2013 3:24 PM

zenith111 wrote:

Scott Summerhayes? Yeah he used to alright, the fames gone to his head now he thinks he's some underground villain. The ...more

That's the guy! I thought it might have been a Scott lol. Yeah just a bit of a sell out owns a BMX store sells Scooters! What the ACTUAL fuck man. Not good, not good at all! If i had the sort of money to run a shop i would go full out Loot styley, BMX, BMX related products like DVDs & Clothing & NOTHING else!

|

6/14/2013 3:26 PM

Topsey wrote:

That's the guy! I thought it might have been a Scott lol. Yeah just a bit of a sell out owns a BMX store sells Scooters! What ...more

Yep, he does do a few jams, but he isn't involved in them at all, he wanders about trying to look important.

|

I got refs

6/14/2013 3:34 PM

Makes me think whats his agenda. If i had the money i would want to give back to the BMX community! Offer great parts at great prices & then good quality completes for the young-ens! Do the Jams & all that shit too. BMX is a lifestyle, BMX is i will say it for the majority of riders (At least on here) is their life & unfortunately not many of us have uber rich mummies & daddies to buy us a shop.

|

6/14/2013 10:36 PM

Topsey wrote:

More Street/Park Bike!

[LINK TO IMAGE]

George French's (G-Sport Owners) Sunday OG? Or Second Wave. Note the Director Forks ...more

George French's setups are always interesting. I've noticed he always has a Front Brake like the ones on old school Road Bikes.

Do any of you remember his Tiger striped Bike with the Yorkshire BB, The Square Chainstays and the thing that pivoted by the top of the headtube for better Back Brake performance?

|

6/15/2013 4:36 AM

Now the Tiger frame was a bike haha. That thing was an absolute BEAST i think the frame alone weighed 9 or 10lbs!

|

6/16/2013 6:46 PM

That bike was awesome.

Linear cables suck for front brakes

|

It’s all bmx

6/16/2013 6:55 PM

front brakes have to be the funnest thing i have ever rode with but i don't like riding brakes so i never put them on my own bike. learnt whiplash but standing on the stem and using the front brakes hahaha

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

6/16/2013 9:00 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

That bike was awesome.

I use a Slic housing and SLS Linear cable. Works great so far.

|

6/16/2013 9:17 PM

How do i get a hollow fork bolt. Im thinking of throwing some on

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/16/2013 9:40 PM

SickDude wrote:

They come with forks with mounts. Hell, most forks come with a hollow cap. If you're not getting new forks Tree makes 24 and 25 caps for front brakes.

|

6/16/2013 10:17 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

That bike was awesome.

I have a Linear Cable in the Front and it's the best Cable I've had.

|

6/16/2013 10:19 PM

SickDude wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

They come with forks with mounts. Hell, most forks come with a hollow cap. If you're not getting new forks Tree makes 24 and ...more

This. But I recommend that you get new Forks so you can run 990 Brakes.

|