Front hub problem

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2017 4:41 PM

Hey guys,
my front hub is having some problems sad It doesn't spin smoothly and stops immediatly like 3 seconds after I make it spin with my hand. When I took it off the fork I noticed that it makes some little sketchy noice when spinning..
It's a new default sealed hub that came with a complete bike..

Thank you guys!

|

7/22/2017 4:46 PM

That's why you should never buy a complete bike ...

|

7/22/2017 4:54 PM

shagged or collapsed bearing(s) probably is most likely culprit

|

7/22/2017 6:11 PM

bearings you can probably have them replaced for like 30 bucks at lbs if they got em

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/22/2017 11:38 PM

Does it spin freely when it's not in the forks? If it has a threaded cone, try loosening it off a touch. If it has a bush instead, one of them may be touching the bearing too much. Profile make really thin spacers that can cure that

|

7/23/2017 5:46 PM

Abdulrahman2000 wrote:

Shit I've been riding 20 plus years and I'm on a complete now and it came with Cinema VX2 wheels. Your statement is not true

|

7/23/2017 6:43 PM

Abdulrahman2000 wrote:

seanthemechanic wrote:

Shit I've been riding 20 plus years and I'm on a complete now and it came with Cinema VX2 wheels. Your statement is not true

I agree.

Take the wheel off the bike and inspect your hub. I mean pull it apart and rebuild it. Don't forget grease. If you notice the bearing seal is pressed in or they feel kinda gritty when you spin them, head to a machine shop. They will probably have the bearings that fit perfectly and cost about $10.00.

You can always carefully pull the cover of the bearings off. Then clean them out and regrease them. I highly recommend marine grease, blue or green. It is super smooth and lasts longer than everything else I have used in 30+ years riding

|