Front hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2016 1:07 PM

I have never bought a new front hub before as my odyssey one held up forever. Well it is finally time to get rid of the random red and blue on my bike and replace it with something new. What I was wondering was if anybody had experience with the merritt non stop front hub or the primo n4fl v2 hub. I ride the merritt final drive freecoaster and it is really good and I was looking at the n4fl due to its flange less lacing. I don't care about hub guards because I will break them in a day and I am going to run 2 gsport gland guards anyways. I ride hard street with 4 pegs. So it has to hold up to lots of grinding. And does anybody have any other suggestions for a great front hub.

|

8/22/2016 7:54 PM

Either hub would fine, both have 6902 bearings with a chromoly center axle & chromoly bolts, so they'll hold up to hard street riding. I was actually going to get the Merritt one awhile back but ended up not getting it cause it wouldn't fit my Daily Grind hub guards.

I know you said you don't care about hub guards, but trust me I was the same way before I got some. Getting steel hub guards will change your entire grinding experience.

|

8/25/2016 5:06 AM

N4FL out of those options. Flangeless makes for an extra stiff wheel and protects your spokes. Doubt youll break the guards on it, mine were still going strong after more than a year of rough street ledges.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/25/2016 6:25 AM

gsport simian

|

8/25/2016 11:13 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

N4FL out of those options. Flangeless makes for an extra stiff wheel and protects your spokes. Doubt youll break the guards on ...more

Ok sweet thanks. I was actually looking at thatone over the merritt one.

|

8/25/2016 11:15 AM

I am not a fan of the gsport hubs just because they look so big and clunky. I have heard nothing but good about them and actually ride some gsport parts and a ton of odyssey parts but the gsport hubs really don't appeal to me in looks department alone.

|

8/25/2016 1:42 PM

RIDEboarder wrote:

I am not a fan of the gsport hubs just because they look so big and clunky. I have heard nothing but good about them and ...more

they are made for grinds haha
+ they look bombproof

|

8/25/2016 5:20 PM

Meritt just for the sake of matching the front and you can run the glands if you like them. Not sure if the new versions are any good tho...

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider