Front wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2016 12:11 AM

Hey guys I'm just getting back into riding after a couple of years and I'm not up to date with all the newer stuff. My question is what is the best cheapest 3/8 (10mm) front wheel I can get? I cant spend too much im looking for something under $80

Wheels I'm looking at so far are:

CINEMA TUNGSTEN 777 3/8 SEALED HUB MALE AXLE 20" X 1.75"

ALIENATION BLACK SHEEP ALLOY DOUBLE WALL RIM 20" X 1.75" MISSION ALLOY HUB

Also I do run pegs and use them alot and I heard its not good to run pegs with female hubs so thats why I'm looking for male hubs. If you guys have any suggestions or opinions on which one of these 2 wheels are better or other wheels i might be interested in please let me know thanks guys

|

2/17/2016 12:40 AM

Personally, going with stock wheels I've always had issues. If I were you, I would get a cheaper prices female front hub, and a pinned double wall rim. In total it would be about 90ish, but that's the cheapest your gonna get. I have a Madera pilot hub laced to an eclat trippin, and it's the best wheel I've ever had. Cost around 130, but it's a solid ass wheel. Also if you go with a pinned rim vs a welded seam, make sure your spokes are nice and snug. Hoped this helped.

|

2/17/2016 9:20 AM

I got that Mission front wheel and it's alright, but male axles strip out really easy if you run pegs. I'd look for a female axle.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

2/17/2016 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2016 5:44 PM

If your rim is ok, get a hub and spokes and learn to lace.

If your hub is ok, get a rim and spokes and learn to lace.

If you don't care about what parts you get, check clearance sections for hubs and rims. Kink rims were on a super good sale recently (like 20 bucks) and sometimes you can find good hubs for like 40-60. Then spokes are like 10. Buy em all from one place and they will lace it up for free, and BOOM. You have a dialed wheel super cheap.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/17/2016 1:52 PM

I wouldn't cheap out on wheels personally, especially when good deals like this can be found

BSD Front Street hub $44.95 in black, blue, or red

Kink Atlas rim $19.95 in black or matte black

Stainless steel spokes 36 @ $.20 = $7.2

comes out to $71.10 and is a super dialed & light front wheel setup.

plus they have a discount code (47D1) where you can get 10% off which would make it $63.99... Factor in shipping & handling money, and it'll probably come out to $80-$85 total

|

2/18/2016 1:12 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I wouldn't cheap out on wheels personally, especially when good deals like this can be found

BSD Front Street hub $44.95 in black, blue, or red

Kink Atlas rim $19.95 in black or matte black

Stainless steel spokes 36 @ $.20 = $7.2

comes out to $71.10 and is a super dialed & light front wheel setup.

plus they have a discount code (47D1) where you can get 10% off which would make it $63.99... Factor in shipping & handling money, and it'll probably come out to $80-$85 total

Man thanks alot I most likely will be getting that setup now

|

2/18/2016 7:35 AM

Get the Colony Pintour wheel. it's female axle with a Colony Wasp hub it's 80 bucks from danscomp use a 10% off coupon it's 47D1.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

2/18/2016 11:45 AM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

Get the Colony Pintour wheel. it's female axle with a Colony Wasp hub it's 80 bucks from danscomp use a 10% off coupon it's 47D1.

The wheel sunday posted would be MUCH better.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/18/2016 6:49 PM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

I was looking at that one but the rim is pinned and I heard those are a lot weaker than other rims and I don't want a rim that's gonna break soon

|