Front wheel hits the forks. Help.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2013 11:43 PM

So my front wheel keeps hitting my fork whenever I do anything other than ride around. It only has a small amount of room on the right side of the wheel between the fork and the wheel, but on the left it has heaps of room. Could I deflate the wheel or move the hub to the left maybe? Thanks.

Here are some pictures:
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

8/6/2013 11:51 PM

Get a smaller tire.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/7/2013 12:17 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Get a smaller tire.

I'm trying to avoid having to spend money but if that has to happen well I'll get one, maybe holy rollers.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

8/7/2013 2:00 AM

Run it just a tiny bit lower in the dropout. And since you're pegless, it should be dine as long as you tighten the axle nuts real good. If you ride pegs, this method may bend your dropouts unless you have Directors that have like 10mm thick dropouts. I'm doing the same thing but planning on trading for some nice aftermarket forks.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/7/2013 5:21 AM

True your wheel so it will move the rim to the center

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/7/2013 6:32 AM

Gump wrote:

True your wheel so it will move the rim to the center

this^ my wheel was really bad and i had the same problem. i got it trued and now it doesnt rub. go get it trued

|

.BITCH YOU WASNT WITH ME SHOOTIN' IN THE GYM!

8/7/2013 6:44 AM

Your rim needs trued or get a smaller tire.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/7/2013 8:34 AM

let me know how you deflate your wheel. lmao

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/7/2013 8:46 AM

true that bitch & keep it that way

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/7/2013 9:16 AM

he didn't say he had a wobble so truing the wheel isn't the solution.

instead, put a washer on the INSIDE of the fork which will push the fork out a little.

|

REFS: Hatebreeder, Wolfen, Dolphin, ImCareb, ecuadevil, mnsketch, Showtime402, Dee Hos, ScramHype, howlerfbm, Mserno75, blueep3piece, handlebar-to-face, skubasteve, james.mcdermott, Alex_Kemp and many more . . .

8/7/2013 9:26 AM

Is the wheel right on the dropouts?Take a pic of that and if it isn't that yea, true it.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/7/2013 9:28 AM

asilva23 wrote:

instead, put a washer on the INSIDE of the fork which ...more

if the wheel is improperly trued the rim wont sit centered. you must not do your own wheels

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/7/2013 9:54 AM

asilva23 wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

if the wheel is improperly trued the rim wont sit centered. you must not do your own wheels

The wheel can be perfect and still rub if the tire bulges a lil on one side.

the washer might not work, but id rather see the kid try it rather than waste his money on truing the wheel and still have the problem.

you are correct, i don't do my own my wheels but i have common sense.

|

REFS: Hatebreeder, Wolfen, Dolphin, ImCareb, ecuadevil, mnsketch, Showtime402, Dee Hos, ScramHype, howlerfbm, Mserno75, blueep3piece, handlebar-to-face, skubasteve, james.mcdermott, Alex_Kemp and many more . . .

8/7/2013 6:23 PM

asilva23 wrote:

Your an idiot

|

8/7/2013 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 6:37 PM

asilva23 wrote:

Gump wrote:

Your an idiot

your comment is what's idiotic.

|

8/7/2013 6:49 PM

put some type of spacer in your drop outs to bring your axle more towards the end of your drop outs

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/7/2013 7:03 PM

Bring your bike to a wheel builder/lbs and tell them to dish your wheel.

They'd know what to do.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

8/7/2013 7:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 7:15 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Is the wheel right on the dropouts?Take a pic of that and if it isn't that yea, true it.

^^ Listen to this. I worked in a bike shop and my guess is that either the wheel isn't sitting right in the dropouts or you need a simple true. Sometimes a wheel will move when tightening the bolts down which can cause it to sit slanted in your forks.

To check if the wheel is true just spin it and see if the tire moves from side to side.

Also, truing a wheel yourself isn't that tough. It can be tricky but there are plenty of how to videos on youtube that do a good job of showing you how to do it.

|

8/7/2013 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2013 7:17 PM

SOLUTION!! If you cannot true/dish your wheel slightly to the other side, just LOWER YOUR TIRE PRESSURE little by little until you are happy.

You could mount the rim on the other way, which tends to work. Putting a spacer as suggest above, NO! That should definitely not be done. Lowering your tire pressure is the easiest solution and will definitely work.

Also, when tightening the wheel down, dont fully tighten one side then the other..finger tighten both side equally then use a tool. Could be sitting crooked in the dropout.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/7/2013 7:21 PM

asilva23 wrote:

the washer might not work, but id rather see the ...more

No you don't. I don't care how many times mommy told you that.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/7/2013 7:47 PM

Try using a thick spacer first before you start spending more money than you need to. Unlike these fucks, I've actually did this in the past with success.

As a last resort, you could always stick one of your index fingers in The Horror Contacts mom's pussy then the other in buttfuck Chuck8273's mom's ass then spread the juices from your fingers onto the tire. This should allow the tire to move more fluidly through the fork.

|

8/7/2013 7:55 PM

asilva23 wrote:

Try using a thick spacer first before you start spending more money than you need to. Unlike these fucks, I've actually did ...more

yeah um i have done that and my forks are now sitting in my spare parts bin because they are fucked up.... DONT USE THE SPACER... i bent my drop outs from it

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/7/2013 8:00 PM

asilva23 wrote:

Try using a thick spacer first before you start spending more money than you need to. Unlike these fucks, I've actually did ...more

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

yeah um i have done that and my forks are now sitting in my spare parts bin because they are fucked up.... DONT USE THE ...more

don't buy cheap forks and you'll be ok

|

8/7/2013 9:16 PM

asilva23 wrote:

Your mum should have swallowed you. You are an absolute waste of oxygen.

|

8/7/2013 10:48 PM

Do not listen to asilva23, this person has no idea what they are talking about.. Common sense?? You fail to have it.

Your hub is made of a certain width to be run parallel in your dropouts, by adding a spacer , you throw that off..and not only are you doing that, you'll be stretching your forks as well. If one spacer is added to one side, you must do it to the other so both ends are even.This however will stretch your forks further. This is a stupid mod for those who have no proper skill in bicycle mechanics or maintenance. Its already been said he does not build his own wheels, so why listen to someone who doesnt instead of taking advice from someone who does?

This modification will result in failure. Your hub along with your forks are not designed to be ran with a spacer on the inside of one . You will damage your forks, you can damage your hub, cones ...etc and your wheel will not be perfectly aligned.

Please take my advice from someone who actually knows what they are talking about and has experience with wheel building. The easiest thing you can do right now is

1- if running a high psi, drop it down some.

2- take the wheel off and put it back on, make sure its fully in the dropouts and turn the bolts to tighten it evenly on both side. Finger tighten them first, then use a tool. It does happen when tightening the wheel can shift slightly.

3- Depending on who built your wheels, how true they are, if the dish is off...it can be a problem. It could also be your tire along with the wheel. This is another that has worked for many. Remove your wheel and tire, the way the rim is facing, flip it around...So lets say if you had a marking on the rim and its normally on the right, you now want it on the left. Properly mount your tire as you did before and see if that helps.

Everything I listed is simple and very easy to do. In most cases, it works. Go around and ask everyone who rides if they have a spacer on side, thats in between the hub and dropout...they will say no.

You can already see from how asilva23 responds, his wording...He clearly has no intelligence and I have no doubt he will respond to this in hoping to justify his stupidity. Do I care? No, because he's an idiot ( you can see its not my opinion, multiple vital user have stated also) who clearly doesn't even know how to properly build his own bicycle.

In all, you may also just have a tire that is to big for your forks. Please try as I have suggested and let me know how things work out.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/7/2013 10:56 PM

asilva23 wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

yeah um i have done that and my forks are now sitting in my spare parts bin because they are fucked up.... DONT USE THE ...more

Yeah I've also done that, not a good idea at all.

|

8/7/2013 10:57 PM

asilva23 wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

asilva23 wrote:

the washer might not work, but id rather see the ...more

Since when does it cost to true your own wheels?

|