Front wheel questions

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2016 3:41 PM

Building a new front wheel, I have a new Madera hub, and nipples already. I also have spoke to fit it to one of the rims I have, but I may lace to a different rim. What do you think I should ru? I have a Madera hub, a demolition hub, a sun envy light rim, and an alienation deviant rim. The demo is already laced to the deviant, and I do like it quite a bit. I also have a 7ka laced to a muant cassette, but I would unlace that if you guys think that that would be necessary. I'd be happy to run it. I have a new back wheel and don't see this one getting a lot of use unless I mess it up.

|

11/17/2016 4:24 PM

Also have an alienation pbr

|

11/17/2016 6:24 PM

The best & strongest rim would be the Odyssey rim. The Sun rim is more for racing and the Deviant rim is too lightweight in my opinion, and I've seen quite a few buckle even in the front. If you're a light rider and not rough on your wheels, the Sun rim could be okay, but the Odyssey rim is the best choice out of all of those

|

11/17/2016 6:30 PM

I knew the odyssey was the best, but I am kinda leaning towards keeping that laced how it is, just in case I need a spare, but I may do it. How is the one compared to the other two?

|