Front wheel rattle

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2014 8:34 PM

I got a complete bike not too long ago and ever since I got it I can hear a rattle coming from the front wheel.I tightened everything on the rim as much as I could but I can still hear the noise.Im sure I put it on right because it's not the first BMX I've had.Im guessing the axle came with a defect or something but I'm asking just to get other peoples opinions.

|

12/11/2014 8:36 PM

What bike is it?

Unsealed hub or sealed?

|

12/11/2014 8:41 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

What bike is it?

Unsealed hub or sealed?

Sealed front hub it's the kink liberty sexton 2015

|

12/11/2014 9:00 PM

Could just need the lock nuts tightened up.

If it's not that & you're positive it's in the wheel, then it could just be that the bearing isn't sitting in the hub right. I've dealt with stock hubs & one of them rattled even when it was brand new and tightened up. If that's the case, Kink should be able to help you out. If not, you can always lock-tite the bearing seat where the outside of the bearing will sit, and that will help. Or plumber's tape.

Hopefully it's not that though, and just needs tightened up.

|

12/12/2014 5:26 AM

I had this problem with a Profile BB. Open up the hub and make sure that the inner diameter rings of the bearings aren't wiggling inside the bearing.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/12/2014 5:15 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I had this problem with a Profile BB. Open up the hub and make sure that the inner diameter rings of the bearings aren't ...more

What do I do if that's the problem?

|

12/13/2014 5:56 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I had this problem with a Profile BB. Open up the hub and make sure that the inner diameter rings of the bearings aren't ...more

RenegadeXCIX wrote:

What do I do if that's the problem?

Replace the bearing(s)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx