Frustrated

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2014 2:00 PM

so i have this set of profile column cranks like new with Madera Chainwheel and promo BB. All like new. I've list this eBay for 190 also excepting best offers. Now the frustrating part, people keep sending me unrealistic offers, for example the last one I received was 75 bucks....really!? There is 260 bucks worth of hardware. Which 190 is already reasonable. Why do I keep getting these low ball offers? So what you think?
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/6/2014 2:10 PM

Once a part touches a bike it loses value

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

12/6/2014 2:27 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Thank you captain obvious, hence 190.

|

12/6/2014 2:48 PM

I paid $100 for Indent 24s w/ BB and an Animal sprocket that were installed for two weeks, and $60 for Animal Akimbos installed but not used. Theres 8/10 condish Device G6s for $80 on Albes. Cranks lose their value pretty badly.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/6/2014 2:48 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

michael.eckhart wrote:

Thank you captain obvious, hence 190.

Well with that attitude...

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/6/2014 2:54 PM

No one pays retail for that shit. 260.00 minus theDans 20%off code and its at 208.00 with free shipping. You want 190.00 and 10.00 to ship for used stuff......so where is the deal????

|

12/6/2014 2:56 PM

I wouldn't expect more than 70% of this price.
Photo
Also, half the people offering are probably expecting you to counter offer and barter with you to see how low they can get you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/6/2014 2:58 PM

rolland bluntz wrote:

No one pays retail for that shit. 260.00 minus theDans 20%off code and its at 208.00 with free shipping. You want 190.00 and ...more

You bring up a good point, but that's why I'm excepting offers as well knowing I prob won't get what I want. But offers should be reasonable atleast. Also that's why I love dans, you also left out getting points for rewards also. I don't know how they stay in Buisness Sometimes.

|

12/6/2014 3:01 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

You bring up a good point, but that's why I'm excepting offers as well knowing I prob won't get what I want. But offers should ...more

Hell yeah. Rewards are the shit. Just got some free etnies and skullcandy earbuds with mine haha.

|

12/6/2014 3:15 PM

Dans would rather sell 200 frames a month and make 30 bucks a frame than try to get MSRP and sell 2 frames a month like some shops. They keep their doors open selling by volume.

|

12/6/2014 3:30 PM

I'll give you about tree fiddy.

Kids are dumb and probably don't read what exactly it is, $190 doesn't seem that bad, and a littttle bit lower would still be pretty fair on both parts. But $75 is ridiculous.

|

12/6/2014 8:27 PM

rolland bluntz wrote:

Dans would rather sell 200 frames a month and make 30 bucks a frame than try to get MSRP and sell 2 frames a month like some ...more

Just like Walmart

|

12/6/2014 8:28 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'll give you about tree fiddy.

Kids are dumb and probably don't read what exactly it is, $190 doesn't seem that bad, and ...more

Sure I'll take 350.00, ha!

|

12/6/2014 8:30 PM

rolland bluntz wrote:

No one pays retail for that shit. 260.00 minus theDans 20%off code and its at 208.00 with free shipping. You want 190.00 and ...more

michael.eckhart wrote:

You bring up a good point, but that's why I'm excepting offers as well knowing I prob won't get what I want. But offers should ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Hell yeah. Rewards are the shit. Just got some free etnies and skullcandy earbuds with mine haha.

I know, i saved damn near 500.00 last with discounts and rewards. Plus I've never had any problems in the 15 years I've been shopping from dans. I tried ALBES once and they fucked up my first to orders.

|

12/6/2014 8:50 PM

Its hard as hell to sell on the internet dude. People want the BEST deals. Want the best results? Sell the sprocket and the cranks seperately. Sell the sprocket for 30 or 35 and the cranks for 135. Its so hard these days to sell things dude.

190 is too much. Its lower than full retail but NO ONE WILL PAY RETAIL OR ANYTHING CLOSE FOR ANYTHING. Which sucks, but thats why there are so many "deals"

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/7/2014 11:39 AM

It's only worth what people are willing to pay, also no one in their right mind is going to give you 200 posted when they can get it brand new (with the full warrenty) for $8 more. Realistically I'd say 150 is probably about right

|

12/7/2014 12:13 PM

JoeDavidson wrote:

It's only worth what people are willing to pay, also no one in their right mind is going to give you 200 posted when they can ...more

like I said 190 ia just a starting point, this is a best offer item, but best offer does not mean give away.http://www.ebay.com/itm/131371538067?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

|

12/7/2014 12:35 PM

whats the length on the crank arms?

|

wallride a bus everyday

12/7/2014 5:08 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Its hard as hell to sell on the internet dude. People want the BEST deals. Want the best results? Sell the sprocket and the ...more

this.

I feel like you got a better shot at making more money if you break em apart

I know when I do package deals on buying stuff its because im saving money

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/8/2014 3:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2014 3:46 PM

Kids are dumb.

I sold PROFILE Hubs laced up to a Rhyno Lite and a Balance rim, hub guards, a sprocket, a stem and grips for 350, and NO ONE WANTED THEM. Retail was well over 500. I had one kid offer 50 bucks for all of it. After like 3 months for sale, I sold them to a buddy.

Kids think they can get something for nothing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/8/2014 7:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Kids are dumb.

I sold PROFILE Hubs laced up to a Rhyno Lite and a Balance rim, hub guards, a sprocket, a stem and grips for ...more

that's so fucked. and so true. I think they tend to not have a feeling for value since theyre probably not working for it and whatnot

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/9/2014 1:23 AM

You have to remember that bmx parts have fuck all resale value, to sell anything you have to take of pretty much 40%. May not be what you want but that's reality

|

12/9/2014 7:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2014 7:46 AM

JoeDavidson wrote:

You have to remember that bmx parts have fuck all resale value, to sell anything you have to take of pretty much 40%. May not ...more

This.
You have to really work to keep ahead if you buy and sell alot.

I had like 5-600 ish in my last bike i sold (a bunch of used parts that i didn't need thrown on instead of my 10/10 parts) Sold it for 350$+ another bike, sold the other bike for 150 or 175$ after some spray painting, Was a struggle of texting people back and forth for offers for a while. Total worth of original bike if new was well over 1000$.

Play the market, Don't let shit sit anywhere its for sale except here, delete the posts, repost with new pics and a different phone number and name etc. Anything to make people think there is a higher demand for that item.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest