Fuck. Last question on 180s

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2013 12:00 AM

I never feel like doing 180s. But whenever i try them it is really hard for me to hop high. What do

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

5/19/2013 12:15 AM

Just gotta get used to the feel of em. Some tricks I don't like trying to much but you have to in order to progress. As for height basically just suck your knees up at 90°

|

References - jared42069

5/19/2013 4:52 AM

Practice the 180 without wheels on grass, then once you get the 180 motion set, practice your fakie out. Then put it all together, if you're too lazy to do that, try doing small turns so like 30, 50, 80, 100, 140, then 180, sounds weird but that was how i ended up learning it except i damaged many rear wheels doing so.

|

5/19/2013 7:00 AM

what i did when i started learning 180s was learn them on a kicker/funbox or even a quarter pipe because you dont have to worry about doing a fakie, and it also helps with getting air. once you try them on some ramps first then go to flat and try them if you are having trouble getting high on flat just practice bunny hops untill you can get higher. what also helps people is when you do the 180 try carving about 45degrees that way you finish the 180 quicker and then once you have that down you can start carving less and less untill you dont have to carve anymore.

|

Go big or go home

5/19/2013 7:52 AM

i swear im gonna start making some how to videos

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/19/2013 7:55 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Do it u can make easy money on YT look at adam LZ

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/19/2013 10:11 AM

Trev wrote:

Practice the 180 without wheels on grass, then once you get the 180 motion set, practice your fakie out. Then put it all together, if you're too lazy to do that, try doing small turns so like 30, 50, 80, 100, 140, then 180, sounds weird but that was how i ended up learning it except i damaged many rear wheels doing so.

Wouldn't that fuck up my bike?

|

I ride for my papou.

5/19/2013 10:20 AM

i always though of a 180 as trying to 180 pivot but then kicking out my legs

|

5/19/2013 10:23 AM

try it on a fly out!!!! i learned them in a month on a flyout i could flyout 450 before i could hop 180

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/19/2013 10:30 AM

WallmartBMX wrote:

try it on a fly out!!!! i learned them in a month on a flyout i could flyout 450 before i could hop 180

They are easy out of Quarters but to start with they are quite scary to try, especially if you don't normally ride quarters. I found them easiest out of Banks.

|

5/19/2013 10:48 AM

WallmartBMX wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

They are easy out of Quarters but to start with they are quite scary to try, especially if you don't normally ride quarters. I found them easiest out of Banks.

in a way they are if u are a street rider than banks will be easy then

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/19/2013 10:48 AM

WallmartBMX wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

I agree banks are a very easy way to get motion down.

Also go check out Adam LZ's tutorials on youtube.

|

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

5/19/2013 11:49 AM

I can beautifully on banks. And im going to the park today

|

I ride for my papou.

5/19/2013 12:02 PM

I may make a video to show you how whenever I get a chain. This is one of those tricks you just have to practice. I did 90s first which bent the shit out my back wheel lol. Then 180s on banks then did 180s flat for months then got the fakie. Like everytrick it'll take a lot of practice, make sure your hops are nice and high too.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/19/2013 12:54 PM

Dude post a video! That way everyone can tell you how to correct your form! You will get the most straight forward answers that apply directly what you are doing/doing wrong. Just my 2 cent.

|

5/19/2013 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2013 1:12 PM

Do you want an honest response?
BMX got easier for me after I started working out seriously, I gained quite some muscular mass and every thing became easier.
I would say if you're not up for gaining muscle time will do it's course and you'll grow up physically so that's a bonus.
Maybe a lighter setup could help, but it's mostly technique.

EDIT: Now that I think about it there is something you could do, try doing them down something gravity will give you a helping hand.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/19/2013 1:21 PM

BNC wrote:

Dude post a video! That way everyone can tell you how to correct your form! You will get the most straight forward answers that apply directly what you are doing/doing wrong. Just my 2 cent.

@andy i lift 15 dumbells every night for as many reps i can, does protein powder work well too? being 5.1 100 pounds its hard to bulk up. Also any workouts that yeild high results?
|

I ride for my papou.

5/19/2013 1:33 PM

BNC wrote:

SickDude wrote:

@andy i lift 15 dumbells every night for as many reps i can, does protein powder work well too? being 5.1 100 pounds its hard to bulk up. Also any workouts that yeild high results?

Protein powder is not magic, basically what it does it repair the ripped parts of muscle that you get from working out, making it stronger.
A good workout, just go to the jim and talk to people there, they'll help you build up some muscle.
Your 180s remind me of when I was starting to learn opposite 180s, it seems like you lean inside way too much.
Today I went riding with a friend of mine and his little brother and I was trying to teach the kid how to 180 so the kid filmed a clip of me doing one to try to understand the exact movement by pausing it.
Try to not lean too much into them and hop higher.
Here's the clip.

|

5/19/2013 1:50 PM

andyferly wrote:

Protein powder is not magic, basically what it does it repair the ripped parts of muscle that you get from working out, making it stronger.
A good workout, just go to the jim and talk to people there, they'll help you build up some muscle.
Your 180s remind me of when I was starting to learn opposite 180s, it seems like you lean inside way too much.
Today I went riding with a friend of mine and his little brother and I was trying to teach the kid how to 180 so the kid filmed a clip of me doing one to try to understand the exact movement by pausing it.
Try to not lean too much into them and hop higher.
Here's the clip.

Oh that makes more sence. So i should pretty much stop carving and just suck my legs in like spaghetti

|

I ride for my papou.

5/19/2013 1:56 PM

SickDude wrote:

Oh that makes more sence. So i should pretty much stop carving and just suck my legs in like spaghetti

Carving is good, just don't carve too hard, try to land backwards as straight as possible and try spinning in the air in a straightish way.

|

5/19/2013 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2013 1:57 PM

From that video you posted it looks like you're trying to do a quick manual 180. Carve a little, pull up your bars in the direction you're turning and suck those legs up. I know it's easier said than done especially when you don't really have a feel for the trick but thats when you just have to keep trying over and over to get more comfortable with spinning. Break it down into steps, try and get good at getting 90 and then keep trying to spin further and further. You will get it, it just takes aloooot of repetition.

|

5/19/2013 4:59 PM

Hop 180's are the easiest things. I throw them in lines and cruising randomly. Its just fakies suck !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/19/2013 5:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2013 5:18 PM

Here's one I did today, sorry for the shitty filming and it wasn't my best 180 but I was riding chainless lol. it didn't even get the fakie180

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/19/2013 11:01 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Do it u can make easy money on YT look at adam LZ

im on it once i find someone to film me because all i have is a cell phone, but ill make some good how to, and maybe a first ever how to on my sig trick ((:

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.