Fuck yea :D

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2013 9:39 AM

Okay so I read this article yesterday http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20080822161409/http://www.bmxbasics.org/new/bmx0703.html
Which explains very detailed how to bunny hop. I tried to pull it off and I managed to get both tires off the ground smile

Today I stacked up some pieces of wood and hopped over them. I can hop 6 inches ( 15 cm) i think . I tried to hop 1 foot but I couldn't get my back wheel so high tongue

Thanks to CavemanChad for posting the article

|

4/28/2013 9:49 AM

Thats good dude! The feeling you get from a new trick is like no other. I learned hops in about a week. i had a 35 pound haro too lol. I learned that little 2 wheel hucked up hop. it took me about a month to learn really high hops using pumping and stuff.
wish i had this tutorial when i was learning!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/28/2013 10:07 AM

ya now imagine that felling with like a major trick like tailwhips and flips its the best feeling ever

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/28/2013 1:01 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thats good dude! The feeling you get from a new trick is like no other. I learned hops in about a week. i had a 35 pound haro too lol. I learned that little 2 wheel hucked up hop. it took me about a month to learn really high hops using pumping and stuff.
wish i had this tutorial when i was learning!

having a heavier bike will get you bigger muscles tough smile

But yea, I'm stoked. I can hop over curbs now (I hope, it's still a little chilly and windy as fuck, haven't tried hoping a curb yet) and i think i understand how to get higher. I just need to get used to pulling the back more with my feet.

And that tutorial should be a sticky, really helpful and covers what most people do wrong, starting with the front pull

|

4/28/2013 1:03 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

ya now imagine that felling with like a major trick like tailwhips and flips its the best feeling ever

I can only imagine. How hard is something like a foot jam tailwhip compared to a bunny hop xD?

|

4/28/2013 1:03 PM

Nice man, keep it up!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/28/2013 1:41 PM

andyferly wrote:

Nice man, keep it up!

Thx, will do smile

|

4/28/2013 1:49 PM

vIKz wrote:

I can only imagine. How hard is something like a foot jam tailwhip compared to a bunny hop xD?

Pretty hard. You start off learning these doing them the "gay" way if you've seen people just starting to learn or do them. Then as people get better at that, they do it the legit way. Just go look at footjam tailwhips on bmx videos on Youtube.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/28/2013 1:50 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

vIKz wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Pretty hard. You start off learning these doing them the "gay" way if you've seen people just starting to learn or do them. Then as people get better at that, they do it the legit way. Just go look at footjam tailwhips on bmx videos on Youtube.

The best thing is learning them the fag way, it looks horrible but it starts giving you the feel of what an actual footjam feels like.

|

4/28/2013 6:16 PM

vIKz wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

The best thing is learning them the fag way, it looks horrible but it starts giving you the feel of what an actual footjam feels like.

i agree i wish i learned them the homo way first because i can barly do them on a quarter

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/28/2013 6:20 PM

Fuck footjam whips, I went straight to hop whips. I just don't like footjam whips because everyone does them, and on flat.... they look cool on banks though.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/29/2013 12:08 AM

Four wrote:

Fuck footjam whips, I went straight to hop whips. I just don't like footjam whips because everyone does them, and on flat.... they look cool on banks though.

But aren't hop whips virtually impossible :>

|

4/29/2013 12:51 AM

Four wrote:

vIKz wrote:

But aren't hop whips virtually impossible :>

They are possible, you just really need to commit to it.

|

4/29/2013 7:56 AM

andyferly wrote:

They are possible, you just really need to commit to it.

How long did it take you to do it?

|

4/29/2013 10:47 AM

good fer you brah, keep workn on dat shit

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/29/2013 11:18 AM

i know a dude who can hop whip and has only been riding a year

|

Bruh

4/29/2013 12:30 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

i know a dude who can hop whip and has only been riding a year

I can give try to accomplish that. Try... But yea I'm pretty happy to getting 6 inches in 2 days xD

|

4/29/2013 12:40 PM

fair play man, i remember i went to 10 inches in one day but couldn't do it again for a month, now sittin at around 20" to 22"

|

Bruh

4/29/2013 1:27 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

fair play man, i remember i went to 10 inches in one day but couldn't do it again for a month, now sittin at around 20" to 22"

I think i understand what we need to do: we have to use our legs more than the arms. Pull the bars towards yourself, not up while crouched and them jump really high with yours knees and push the bars forward. Will try that tomorrow, rained all day today :/

|

5/1/2013 7:09 PM

i remember when i first learned an acual bunny hop my wrists were stinging you got the same effect

|