Fucked up noises when I pedal

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2013 8:55 PM

Recently whenever I've been pedaling my bike makes a almost ... cracking noise, I feel it in my cranks, but I think it has to do with my rear hub, if anyone might know what the problem is that would be greeat!

|

4/11/2013 8:57 PM

what cranks do you have ?? i know hollowbites creak like hell

|

4/11/2013 9:01 PM

Pull your driver out, clean and relube. Pull crank arms off, clean and relube. Same with your chain.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/11/2013 10:01 PM

that happened to me i thought it was my bottom bracket playing up but one on the bearings in my hub had completely blown out

|

4/11/2013 10:54 PM

Take everything apart and check bearings first. Twist your axle with your fingles or whatever or use your spindle in the bottom bracket to turn it to see if it spins smoothly. If it's just a teeny bit gritty, pop the seal open and throw in some grease. If it's really gritty and rough, the bearing is fucked and you gotta replace it ASAP cause it won't last forever.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/12/2013 6:14 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Take everything apart and check bearings first. Twist your axle with your fingles or whatever or use your spindle in the bottom bracket to turn it to see if it spins smoothly. If it's just a teeny bit gritty, pop the seal open and throw in some grease. If it's really gritty and rough, the bearing is fucked and you gotta replace it ASAP cause it won't last forever.

If you pop the seal off, DEGREASE AND REGREASE. Just tossing more in if there is grit will just put a band aid on a bullet wound. It will still make noise (be a touch quieter for a while) and then grind out.

I have had 2 diff BBs in the last 7 years because I degrease and regrease them about 2-4 times a year.

Also make sure your chain line is straight.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/12/2013 8:52 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

If you pop the seal off, DEGREASE AND REGREASE. Just tossing more in if there is grit will just put a band aid on a bullet wound. It will still make noise (be a touch quieter for a while) and then grind out.

I have had 2 diff BBs in the last 7 years because I degrease and regrease them about 2-4 times a year.

Also make sure your chain line is straight.

this^ when you maintain your shit good, youll have a lot less problems, especially when it comes to bearings

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "