Fuk that seatpost

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2015 10:35 AM

So... I ordered the wrong size I thought i bought the XL "senior citizen" post in the grandpa length 320mm but when I open my box i had kneecap shattering 125mm length... I put it on, and thought to myself "it's not that low." The instant I sat on my bike, my knees nearly implodeded, and were permantly locked in a non-pedaling cruzing position. Fuck that seatpost. But even after cutting the 320mm i can't slam my seat, so I keep it in my backpack. Photo

|

4/28/2015 1:13 PM

So your bitching that you bought a post to short, then bitch that you can't slam it.

Fucking dumb post is dumb

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/28/2015 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2015 1:26 PM

Gump wrote:

So your bitching that you bought a post to short, then bitch that you can't slam it.

This.

People are dumb.

320 MM is just under 13 inches long. A frame with a 9 inch standover probably has space for around 9-10 inches of seatpost depending on how far over the top tube the frame comes up. Why would you think you could slam it?

I am guessing for travels you want a high post, and for tricks etc, you want a slammed?

Get some flexibility going. I have a fist (around 4-5 inches of post) showing and can sit and pedal, at 6 feet tall with 180mm cranks. Why are you having such a hard time? I know a dude who is 6 foot 8 who could do the same on my bike.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2015 1:30 PM

Sweet looking bike.. you don't need to slam your seat to do tricks.
Plus it will give you hemorrhoids

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

4/28/2015 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2015 3:10 PM

Gump wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

People are dumb.

320 MM is just under 13 inches long. A frame with a 9 inch standover probably has space for around ...more

Yup highrise for travel slammed for play, I had to cut the XL seatpost about 4" to get it to the right height. i should have titled the thread fuck that stump seatpost, which is the seatpost I was bitching about, not the XL. The reason I can't slam it is because of the frame it has a tapered seattube (which is kind of wierd). Sorry for being not so exact. ~5" of exposed of seatpost is what I ride around on, thats stump only allowed about 2" of exposed seatpost, and I couldn't pedal sitting down like that. Hence fuck that seatpost. No, I didn't buy an extra large seatpost to run it slammed all the time, but I don't like smacking myself in the ass with my seat boosting either. So yeah I wanna slam it every now and again.

|

4/28/2015 7:24 PM

Gump wrote:

yeah. I don't really get that at all.

this post confuzzles me.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/28/2015 8:19 PM

I just stand up when I ride long distances. It's never bad and i can pop a 360 here and there when I want to. I like the feeling of it being right at the widest part of my calf. Easy pinching and still out of the way for footjam whips and plenty of room to move about.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/28/2015 8:29 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I just stand up when I ride long distances. It's never bad and i can pop a 360 here and there when I want to. I like the ...more

I like the seat right below the bend of my knee while daily driving. The only time i like my seat as low as possible is when I'm just dirt jumping, and i havn't done any of that since I moved to new york. There not much dort here. I'll slam it if I'm just fucking around jumping curbs, manhole covers, and road construction every once in a while. It makes it look like your getting massive air because you can bring the bike up higher. It's funny to hear peoples reactions when your blazing by them.

|

4/28/2015 9:37 PM

I have a 320 mm post and a qr clamp so I can raise the seat for cruising around.

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

4/28/2015 11:50 PM

His frame has a tapered seatpost and he can't really adjust the height that's why he's complaining.

|

4/29/2015 12:15 AM

Ah,shouldn't this be a fuk this frame thread then?

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

4/29/2015 7:11 AM

bloghogs wrote:

Ah,shouldn't this be a fuk this frame thread then?

If the frame was $30 and the seatpost was $300 er.. No I'd definitly say fuk the seatpost still

|

4/29/2015 8:08 AM

I don't find the point of this thread. You bought the wrong post get over it and move on.

|

4/29/2015 10:37 AM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

I don't find the point of this thread. You bought the wrong post get over it and move on.

This thread has about as much relevance as your post. I'll type where I want, what i want and when I want.

|