Fuse pads omg my shins bro

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2020 5:27 PM

Has anyone else had issues with there fuse pads giving them an insanely itchy rash?

Because my shins are so fucked right now i don’t even know what to do

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/14/2020 6:56 PM

Damn man, if you put them on straight out of the package maybe you should wash them first! See if that helps. If not, try wearing a tall sock that comes to the knee maybe? When I raced motocross there were some knee socks made for wearing under knee pads as well. Sucks dude. Those pads are suppose to be a premium product.
|

1/14/2020 7:29 PM

Might be allergic to them or something on them?

|

1/14/2020 7:34 PM

I’ve got the shin/ankle combo pads, and haven’t had any irritation yet after 18-ish months.

|

1/14/2020 8:31 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Damn man, if you put them on straight out of the package maybe you should wash them first! See if that helps. If not, try wearing a tall sock that comes to the knee maybe? When I raced motocross there were some knee socks made for wearing under knee pads as well. Sucks dude. Those pads are suppose to be a premium product.

i have washed them and it seems to have gotten a lot worst like my shins are red asf

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

1/14/2020 8:35 PM

Photo
|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

1/15/2020 4:03 AM

You might have an allergy to the shin guards or the detergent you used on them.

I soak mine in dawn dishsoap in a tub for a while, then rinse them THOROUGHLY, and have never had an issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/15/2020 8:45 AM

Looks like an allergy. That sucks.... You may be better off with pads that go over your pants..... Although they don't seem as cool any more.... Back in the day that's all there was. LOL.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

1/15/2020 9:28 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I soak mine in dawn dishsoap in a tub for a while, then rinse them THOROUGHLY, and have never had an issue.

Its the same detergent ive used for years, and they were rinsed to the point it was over kill, its gotta be something with the material that was used to make then

Shit sucks now i gotta drop money on new pads soon so i can actually ride

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

1/15/2020 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2020 10:08 AM

Can you wear some kind of thing liner or pajama bottom or long underwear underneath them for now? That might work and it's winter.....

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

1/15/2020 6:44 PM

I have been using them for a couple years and have never had an issue. They are made out of neoprene. Apparently there are people allergic to neoprene or they have a reaction to the chemicals that are used to make neoprene.

|

1/15/2020 7:18 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Has anyone else had issues with there fuse pads giving them an insanely itchy rash?

Wait, have you worn shin pads before this?

|

1/15/2020 8:28 PM

Do you bathe regularly?

|

1/15/2020 9:05 PM

HtownGetDown wrote:

Do you bathe regularly?

Wait a minute, with soap? But it'll get wet!

|

1/16/2020 4:00 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Its the same detergent ive used for years, and they were rinsed to the point it was over kill, its gotta be something with the material that was used to make then

Shit sucks now i gotta drop money on new pads soon so i can actually ride

Try some long socks between you and the shin pads, after the rash is gone.

Could be a developed allergy-my son never had an issue, and now has one with Gain. Could be a change in the formula at the company.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2020 8:14 AM

Your sweat is toxic from eating too much taco bell.

Just kidding.

|

1/16/2020 8:22 PM

Similar problem with my Shadow shin pads recently. I don’t wear them often, but Ive never had the issue in my previous experiences riding with them.

Felt like mosquito bites all down my leg for a few days after, and I rubbed em raw from scratching them. Def looked like some sort of rash.

I don’t think it was the pads though. Maybe just a combo of dry skin and sweaty pads causing a break out? I dunno

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/16/2020 8:24 PM

Were they rubbing from being too tight? Sometimes fabric that clings too tight can make me irritated.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

1/18/2020 7:21 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Wait, have you worn shin pads before this?

Ive had a few different pads in my life

Pro tech Old school knee shin combos with the hard plastic

Team blown it knee pads with shadow shin pads

Tsg knee pads

Gform knee shin combos had these twice two different sizes

And now fuse echo 125

About to surprisingly go back to gforms and get the newer rugged knee pads and try to find some kinda shin guards that aren’t too bulky

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

1/26/2020 6:23 PM

I have this issue. I was thinking it was just me. Never had this issue with any other pads. In fact I have 2 pairs of fuse. Same whip. Just an xl and med. mediums are a few weeks old and giving me trouble. The xl are over a year old and never had an issue

|

1/27/2020 6:29 AM

Fuse pads are made of neoprene which is a synthetic rubber. You're most likely allergic to whatever goes into that construction of that material.

I've seen some people have ridiculous breakouts from wetsuits, which are the same material.

|

Come back with a warrant.

1/31/2020 7:46 AM

I’m running Leatt under-the-pants knees and love them. They offer a lot of options and are a helluva of solid brand.

|