G-Sport Birdcages OR Alienation Felon Rims?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2013 2:00 AM

hey guys, sorry to ask, but im really contemplating on what rim setup i should go. i ride trails, so im either thinking running 2 G-sport Birdcages, or 2 Alienation Felon rims. Im just wondering if you could help. If there is a different setup yous ride id like to hear. Thanks.

|

4/1/2013 2:05 AM

i would go with rollcage or ribcage since i seen some birdcages fuck up, the spokes just pulled through the rim and they werent over tightened. But if you only ride trails i would get the birdcage out of these 2

|

4/1/2013 2:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2013 2:26 AM

neither. i dont suggest birdies back. front is cool tho.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/1/2013 2:29 AM

Spenlard wrote:

Well I have seen people riding Birds rear and ride street and they have held up decently, so for trail riding where there's less stress put on the bike the should do.
Personally I'd go with Birds front and back, worst that can happen is the break and you get a brand new one form warranty.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/1/2013 2:41 AM

true, i guess everyone is going to choose the gsport range but what do people think about the felons?

|

4/1/2013 2:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2013 2:48 AM

Spenlard wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Well I have seen people riding Birds rear and ride street and they have held up decently, so for trail riding where there's less stress put on the bike the should do.
Personally I'd go with Birds front and back, worst that can happen is the break and you get a brand new one form warranty.

cracked mineeeeeeee. don't see a point in trying to save weight when riding trails..

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/1/2013 3:40 AM

Spenlard wrote:

cracked mineeeeeeee. don't see a point in trying to save weight when riding trails..

Yeah I guess you're right, how did you crack em?

|

4/1/2013 6:09 AM

Ribcages front and rear. I'm running a birdcage and every spoke hole is showing deformation

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/1/2013 6:49 AM

Give them Felons a run, they look to be strong

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/1/2013 7:02 AM

idk i havent heard good things about the birdcages lol and this thread just kinda reenforces what ive heard

cant really say much though because i dont know much about the fellons

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/1/2013 10:56 AM

i ride birds front and rear and they have been bombproof for me

|

4/1/2013 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2013 1:29 PM

Felons...

|

4/1/2013 1:47 PM

felons. whaen the tubeless system is released in bigger sizes for street youll be ready to go

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/1/2013 2:22 PM

andyferly wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Yeah I guess you're right, how did you crack em?

No idea. I only had it for like 3 months prior to cracking it though. Ran my tires at like 70psi.

|

4/1/2013 2:36 PM

try the felons. i really wanna get them but i havent heard much about em. from what ive heard they are pretty strong

|

4/1/2013 2:48 PM

BrandynMauro wrote:

try the felons. i really wanna get them but i havent heard much about em. from what ive heard they are pretty strong

Apparently they are made out of a slight better grade of aluminium.

|

4/1/2013 3:08 PM

Try one on each wheel and review those bitches

|

4/1/2013 3:13 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

If I had the cash I would literally try EVERY part there is and then be 100% sure on what is the best.

|

4/1/2013 3:36 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

andyferly wrote:

If I had the cash I would literally try EVERY part there is and then be 100% sure on what is the best.

Ya thatd be sick. I really wanna try the felon tubeless rims and a eastern e3 frame tho

|

4/2/2013 1:29 AM

Thanks guys, going to order 2 felons tomorrow, give them a run, they are cheap and strong. Ill be sure to make a review for yous

|

4/2/2013 9:03 AM

Do not get a birdcage. Mine is FUCKED up. It has cracks on more than half of the spoke holes.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

4/2/2013 9:05 AM

Rollcages are dope though. I've rode 3 and they're the best hoops I've ever had.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

4/2/2013 9:09 AM

Spenlard wrote:

andyferly wrote:

My birdcage sucked, still running my front but it's cracking

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/2/2013 12:07 PM

Spenlard wrote:

andyferly wrote:

future FBM wrote:

My birdcage sucked, still running my front but it's cracking

Seems like Birdcages suck, the idea behind it was of making a light rim with decent strength, so I'm guessing people shouldn't expect from it to hold up as much as a Ribcage.
I supposed though that because of the less strength put in parts from Trail riding Birds would have held up.
Oh well I was wrong then.

|

4/2/2013 9:20 PM

Cinema 777 suckers

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/3/2013 12:15 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Cinema 777 suckers

Meh.
Not a fan of them at all.

|

4/3/2013 6:44 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Cinema 777 suckers

no

|

6/8/2013 3:13 PM

tomdon wrote:

felons. whaen the tubeless system is released in bigger sizes for street youll be ready to go

sorry if gravedigging... but the felons arent the tubeless rim... this malice rims are.

|

HELP!!!!
•Alienation Deviant rim chrome
•G-Sport Birdcage rim chrome
•Flat black Profile Mini Front Hub.
•Ti Bolts for hubs
•Ti Spindle for 19mm 48 spline
•KHE Mac drit tire