G-Sport Gland on drive side

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2014 7:41 AM

Can I put a gsport gland hub guard on my drive side? Would it still be effective?

|

12/4/2014 7:52 AM

No, cause nothing is protecting your driver.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/4/2014 9:53 AM

I mean, it would protect spokes lol not the driver or anything...

get a dsg

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/4/2014 12:22 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

I mean, it would protect spokes lol not the driver or anything...

get a dsg

This right here.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/4/2014 12:45 PM

I wouldn't recommend using the Gland guard for anything but the front. Just get a DSG.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

12/4/2014 3:49 PM

Stocksy wrote:

I wouldn't recommend using the Gland guard for anything but the front. Just get a DSG.

I disagree with the front-only part. I ran em front and rear and had 0 problems.
For drive side however, go with a drive side guard

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/4/2014 3:51 PM

If you have a hub that accepts a different guard, use it. Almost any DSG should fit, Primo Dsg in metal is nice for the price.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/4/2014 10:42 PM

The Gsport Gland is even pricier than the Primo plastic DSG..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/4/2014 11:59 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

The Gsport Gland is even pricier than the Primo plastic DSG..

The primo dsg in plastic deforms to the dropout though, my mate fucked it in 3 days.

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


12/5/2014 5:41 AM

The Primo DSG does deform, but it still works and protects everything. For me it does its job better than a piece of metal that folds onto the chain and makes a grinding noise ALL THE TIME.

|

12/5/2014 12:18 PM

For a good driver protection, get a primo dsg, or even better, a kink (this one got a "lock" to keep the guard to his place and never hit the chain, it´s cool because you don't need to care about the guard position when tightening the wheel).

http://themerged.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/kink-udsg-211.jpg

|

12/5/2014 12:23 PM

Francky wrote:

For a good driver protection, get a primo dsg, or even better, a kink (this one got a "lock" to keep the guard to his place ...more

That kink looks pretty nice I might get that

|

12/5/2014 2:10 PM

Francky wrote:

For a good driver protection, get a primo dsg, or even better, a kink (this one got a "lock" to keep the guard to his place ...more

I want to see a FULL guard with notches cut out for the chain only. Not a DSG with half missing for the chain. I have thoughts on how to do it but it would not necessarily work well due to having to remove your chain to get your wheel off.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/5/2014 2:25 PM

Primo Freemix DSG will fit most 14mm sealed driver hubs. Its like $8.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


12/5/2014 4:58 PM

There is nothing missing on that guard, the protection is fine.
Just have a look at the one on my bike.

Photo



Photo

|