G-Sport Problems....

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2013 4:47 PM

Sorry for the two threads in 10 minutes haha... I have heard & seen a few pictures of the Spokes pulling through & even some of Rims cracking at the weld! Does anyone know if this has been rectified? I do NOT want to sink $160 into Rims & have them Crap out on me! I would email G-Sport but i'd probably get bull shitted about how there was never a problem. Anyone know for sure?

|

7/19/2013 4:59 PM

Well when i go to skateparks there are plenty of people with Gsport rims of all types. And i think out of 100 people i have seen with a gsport rim, maybe 4-5 had any trouble. The spokes look as if they normally only pull thru Birdcages and i saw one ribcage that had a small crack (it was older than old and pretty beat on). I think it really depends on the user. And it comes down to whether or not you over tighten the spokes, or not tighten them enough, and land 90 a lot. haha causing cracking etc. I doubt they would mess up for you though, im sure since you have been riding so long you know the proper tension to set to a spoke. But i have seen even more people with Sun Rims and NOT ONE had any trouble. I think that says something for those rims. They dont pull thru because its like reinforced or something. But im sure Gsport rims would do you fine! Just dont go in with a 10 foot long spoke wrench and crank em down as far as they will go. And dont neglect (IF) they get loosened.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/19/2013 5:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2013 5:59 PM

I have a confession to make! I do not build my own wheels! It's a skill i have never learnt properly. I really should learn but when Tom @ Empire does such a fantastic job i just don't see the point! I have emailed G to see what he has to say about this situation. I'll talk to Tom about it too. Tree-Sport Wheels will be built in about 6 or 7 weeks when the 4140 CRMO Guards come out w00t

|

7/19/2013 5:06 PM

Topsey can't build wheels?!

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/19/2013 5:12 PM

I shall hang my head in shame!! I know, i know.. I got lazy, I've never needed to! Tom always builds my Wheels & he does such an amazing job, I know i couldn't ever do it that well without shit loads of practice & i don't have access to enough wheel parts to get enough practice in!

|

7/19/2013 5:38 PM

Little Update. G has said that they have revised the Rims profile & taken steps to ensure the drilling is in the right place which caused the Nipples to pull through. I would imagine there are still older ones out there but the Majority of Shops will have the updated versions & I am 99% sure that when i order my Wheels i will get the revised versions! Especially as it will be over a month before i order them!

|

7/19/2013 5:44 PM

Topsey faulted.

What the...

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/19/2013 5:50 PM

I think any rim can have spokes pull through if you tighten them too much, but I have heard of Birdcages having that as a common problem. I have Rollcages and have had them over a year now with no issues with the spokes pulling through.

|

7/19/2013 5:55 PM

No shame in not building your own wheels. Haha i did it and its a pain in the ass. But the truth is, you wont ever have a wheel that you trust as much as your own build! I have never had someone build my wheels. I like to order all my own stuff and know the job was done to PERFECTION. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/19/2013 6:00 PM

I've laced up Ribcages to a Marmoset & KHE Geisha Street years & years ago.. Then i got lazy haha. I can do it (JUST lol) It takes me FOREVER & TBH i'm the opposit of you Maximus, i can't trust wheels i built! It just doesn't feel right, I keep thinking did i true them correctly, is everything tight enough or over tightened. I get a bit paranoid actually that i might of fucked it up.

|

7/19/2013 6:03 PM

I'm pretty sure I have a v1 birdcage in the front. No spokes had pulled through as of yet but all the spoke holes are deformed.

Tom builds great wheels. He wasn't happy when he had to build a 48 spoke wheel with gsport nipples though haha lots of lost blood apparently

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/19/2013 6:15 PM

One of the local bike shops round my way offers a wheel building course, and I think i might go on it just to save some cash and for peace of mind like said above, I might even start a local wheel building service in my area as a little business and a way to make money, every bike shop / bike mechanic by me charges at least £25 to build a wheel, I figure if I learn the skill and then undercut those robbing bastards by a tena I should be able to make some good money doing something that I would like to learn anyway and gain some experience while doing so, why not make some cash and kill two birds.

Nah mean?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/19/2013 8:24 PM

My nipples are pulling through on my gsports

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/19/2013 8:49 PM

Topsey wrote:

I've laced up Ribcages to a Marmoset & KHE Geisha Street years & years ago.. Then i got lazy haha. I can do it (JUST lol) It takes me FOREVER & TBH i'm the opposit of you Maximus, i can't trust wheels i built! It just doesn't feel right, I keep thinking did i true them correctly, is everything tight enough or over tightened. I get a bit paranoid actually that i might of fucked it up.

Yeah i getcha. My first wheel i did i ended up taking apart and doing it again just for the experience. It had rained and i was bored. Then i relaced my coaster to another rim and that went well.

|

7/19/2013 8:54 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

No shame in not building your own wheels. Haha i did it and its a pain in the ass. But the truth is, you wont ever have a wheel that you trust as much as your own build! I have never had someone build my wheels. I like to order all my own stuff and know the job was done to PERFECTION. haha

This. I don't let anyone touch my wheels. If I don't do it then it don't get done. I do all the local wheelbuilds for free too

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/19/2013 9:02 PM

I'm trying to save up so I can get a proper truing stand and build wheels and suitor the locals for beer money

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/20/2013 9:20 AM

I had rollcage rims and they were extremely durable

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/20/2013 9:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2013 9:37 AM

Heard about Bidrcages having problems with spokes pulling through.
And have seen some cracks on rollcages spoke holes but nothing serious.
Haven't ever heard of one problem on Ribs.
Even if they all have lifetime warranty so you're set.
Personally I owned 3 different Ribcages and a Birdcage (some used some new) and I have never had one problem.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/20/2013 9:53 AM

My bird in the back had the pulling through problem. Gsport will take care of me once I have cash to send it in. Oh well I'll just get a rollcage

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/20/2013 1:14 PM

future FBM wrote:

My bird in the back had the pulling through problem. Gsport will take care of me once I have cash to send it in. Oh well I'll just get a rollcage

See this is my problem with George he should be sending you a new rim with a round trip so that you don't have to pay for shipping

If he will even do anything bout it when you do send it In life time warranty my ass

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.