Related:
Create New Tag
James_Letten17 James_Letten17
2/16/2018 9:52 AM

My driver shifts partially in and out of the hub shell... I’ve never owned a ratchet or had many friends with one so I was curious how common this is. I remember the odyssey quartet cassette hub did the same with the press fit female axle.

The driver doesn’t skip or anything which is good but I was mainly curious how common this is and if it can be fixed with buying a new driver.

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

Edman123 Edman123
2/16/2018 10:06 AM

Does it do it while you are pedaling? Or while the wheel Is off the bike? If it is the latter then it's fine.

Hmmm

2/16/2018 10:17 AM
Edman123 wrote:

Does it do it while you ...more

I haven’t noticed any shifting when pedaling

I’m probably fine tbh. I’ll just wait till it starts skipping and/or breaks.

My Youtube / RainBMX

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
2/16/2018 11:42 AM

My Éclat Pulse did that , it has some play right ? And wobbles in and out slightly ?

It only happened when I got the bearings replaced . I’m not a hub guy so I can’t tell you what it might be , but I guessed maybe bearing fitment was off and that’s why it moved , or something with the pawls ?

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/16/2018 11:45 AM
Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

My Éclat Pulse did that , ...more

Yeah it has side to side play but it’s working fine atm. So I’ll just start worrying till it begins skipping and whatnot

My Youtube / RainBMX

merk20 merk20
2/16/2018 11:58 AM

if its very slightly like 1-2mm its fine, my cheap ass rear wheel does it as well. but if its more than say 1/8 of a inch than you have to tighten the bearings with a cone wrench VERY SLIGHTLY than it should be fine.

grumpySteve grumpySteve
2/16/2018 12:58 PM

When your wheel is tight, there should only be a tiny amount play. Any more would suggest something is worn. But the bushes butt up against the bearings, so the driver itself will float a little

NateBrown62 NateBrown62
2/16/2018 2:42 PM

I had the same problem with my Antigram hub which I assume is really similar. The ring that held the needle bearing in would slip out sometimes but after a year of riding it it never broke or had any serious problems..if it starts to make noise I would worry but if not then just ride it until it does

GMGuinn GMGuinn
2/16/2018 3:17 PM

My Quartet hub does this and it drives me bonkers. I'm currently deciding on the bits and pieces for full customs, front and rear.

Bulletpup Bulletpup
2/16/2018 6:53 PM

My antigram (the scaled down version of what you have) does the same. Contacted odyssey and they replaced my driver. Same thing happened within a few weeks of installimg and riding the new driver. I just accept it now, doesnt seem to cause any problems as of yet.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP