G-Sport Rollcage or Primo Balance 7005?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2011 6:14 PM

Which would be a better for a rear rim?

|

7/9/2011 6:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2011 6:19 PM

buy each rim and try them yourself
MOST people on here dont know shit!!! they just say what other people say so they wont get shit for it

|

7/9/2011 6:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2011 6:24 PM

buy each rim and try them yourself
MOST people on here dont know shit!!! they just say what other people say so they wont get shit for it

|

7/9/2011 6:18 PM

buy each rim and try them yourself
MOST people on here dont know shit!!! they just say what other people say so they wont get shit for it

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

7/9/2011 6:25 PM

honestly.
you probly aren't going to break a rim. as long as it's over 14-15 oz and double wall.
you'll be fine. but G-sport is cross laced making it stiffer and probly will be better than the 7k. but i have one up front and it's just fine.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/9/2011 6:33 PM

buy each rim and try them yourself
MOST people on here dont know shit!!! they just say what other people say so they wont get shit for it

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

7/9/2011 6:34 PM

Primo VS

|

7/9/2011 6:42 PM

hazard back- deviant front lol

|

refs= BEASTASSDICK , Tommyboy

7/9/2011 6:53 PM

buy each rim and try them yourself
MOST people on here dont know shit!!! they just say what other people say so they wont get shit for it

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

7/9/2011 7:17 PM

buy each rim and try them yourself
MOST people on here dont know shit!!! they just say what other people say so they wont get shit for it

|

7/9/2011 7:24 PM

the primo 7k isnt even made of 7005... id say rollcage because i run them

|

refs: moyboy5, Gucci Mane La Flurr, jbeaton13, tinybikerider33, Lee_Rager,TCbmx, ultra blade, TerrorCrew, ~Stolen Boy~, bstick, ScramHype, AO8, Austin_Read
Albe's nigglets..

7/9/2011 7:39 PM

i run the primo 7005 theyve been fine

|

7/9/2011 8:09 PM

Flocka Myers wrote:

the primo 7k isnt even made of 7005... id say rollcage because i run them

So, since the Rollcage is made of 6061, running 7000 series Primo's should be fine then. This is why I suggested the VS.

|

7/9/2011 8:14 PM

most people would say gsport but i would rather prefer a primo 7005 or a vs

|

.

7/9/2011 8:18 PM

Flocka Myers wrote:

the primo 7k isnt even made of 7005... id say rollcage because i run them

Fondue wrote:

So, since the Rollcage is made of 6061, running 7000 series Primo's should be fine then. This is why I suggested the VS.

Is the VS a good durable rim? Have u tried it or do you have it?

|

7/9/2011 8:22 PM

Flocka Myers wrote:

the primo 7k isnt even made of 7005... id say rollcage because i run them

Details and Specs for Primo Balance 7005 Rim :

Double walled, 7005 aluminum rim with center I-beam and offset spoke holes. Extra holes drilled in inner wall to save weight without letting dirt get through the rim.

Bead Diameter: 406mm
Height: 18.5mm
Width: 34.4mm
Seam: Welded
Weight: 17 oz

|

.

7/9/2011 9:13 PM

Flocka Myers wrote:

the primo 7k isnt even made of 7005... id say rollcage because i run them

Fondue wrote:

So, since the Rollcage is made of 6061, running 7000 series Primo's should be fine then. This is why I suggested the VS.

ironlak691 wrote:

Is the VS a good durable rim? Have u tried it or do you have it?

A couple of buddies run them. I would if I needed new rims. Plus Brian Foster runs one on the back. Dude is 6 foot tall and 170 lbs.

|

7/9/2011 9:15 PM

my rollcages have held up really well. Primos are probably good to

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

7/9/2011 9:20 PM

And Nick Tellez runs Primo 7 Series.

|

7/9/2011 9:46 PM

Fondue wrote:

So, since the Rollcage is made of 6061, running 7000 series Primo's should be fine then. This is why I suggested the VS.

ironlak691 wrote:

Is the VS a good durable rim? Have u tried it or do you have it?

Fondue wrote:

A couple of buddies run them. I would if I needed new rims. Plus Brian Foster runs one on the back. Dude is 6 foot tall and 170 lbs.

Alright, thanks. I was also looking at the Animal RS rim. Would you think that would be a good rear rim or am I better off getting the Primo VS?

|

7/10/2011 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2011 4:19 PM

ironlak691 wrote:

Alright, thanks. I was also looking at the Animal RS rim. Would you think that would be a good rear rim or am I better off getting the Primo VS?

either one

|

7/10/2011 5:19 PM

do you ride park ? ive heard stores of casing and bending/snapping that rim, personally i would run a hazard on the back, its light, its cheap and it aint gonna break

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

7/10/2011 5:38 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

do you ride park ? ive heard stores of casing and bending/snapping that rim, personally i would run a hazard on the back, its light, its cheap and it aint gonna break

I ride both park and street, but mostly street. Which rim were you talking about that bended? The Primo or the G-Sport or the Animal? And the Hazard was my other option if none of these rims would be best for me.

|

7/10/2011 5:44 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

do you ride park ? ive heard stores of casing and bending/snapping that rim, personally i would run a hazard on the back, its light, its cheap and it aint gonna break

ironlak691 wrote:

I ride both park and street, but mostly street. Which rim were you talking about that bended? The Primo or the G-Sport or the Animal? And the Hazard was my other option if none of these rims would be best for me.

the primo bro, like denting in the way after a bad case or bending/snapping, thats why i avoided it and got a hazard, out of those i would say g sport

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

7/10/2011 6:10 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

do you ride park ? ive heard stores of casing and bending/snapping that rim, personally i would run a hazard on the back, its light, its cheap and it aint gonna break

ironlak691 wrote:

I ride both park and street, but mostly street. Which rim were you talking about that bended? The Primo or the G-Sport or the Animal? And the Hazard was my other option if none of these rims would be best for me.

mccarthy04 wrote:

the primo bro, like denting in the way after a bad case or bending/snapping, thats why i avoided it and got a hazard, out of those i would say g sport

Thanks bro. I think i might either go with the Rollcage or the Hazard. But would you say that the Hazard would last longer than the Rollcage?

|

7/11/2011 12:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2011 12:45 PM

g-sport.
have it.
love it.
strong as fuck.

|

7/11/2011 12:32 PM

I've heard horror stories about the Primos going out of true and getting flat spots.

Get a Rollcage.

|

7/11/2011 1:40 PM

ironlak691 wrote:

Thanks bro. I think i might either go with the Rollcage or the Hazard. But would you say that the Hazard would last longer than the Rollcage?

im not sure man, they are both some really good rims, i can amagine the gsport lasting longer

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

7/11/2011 5:46 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

the primo bro, like denting in the way after a bad case or bending/snapping, thats why i avoided it and got a hazard, out of those i would say g sport

ironlak691 wrote:

Thanks bro. I think i might either go with the Rollcage or the Hazard. But would you say that the Hazard would last longer than the Rollcage?

mccarthy04 wrote:

im not sure man, they are both some really good rims, i can amagine the gsport lasting longer

Alright, I think my final decision is going to be the G-Sport

|

7/11/2011 6:02 PM

ironlak691 wrote:

Alright, I think my final decision is going to be the G-Sport

good choice bro

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|