G-Sport marmoset hub bearings

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2018 7:12 PM

I have a g-sport marmoset front hub and i blew the bearings out. i need to know where to get new ones, and i need to know how to take it apart. many thanks to anyone that can help! Photo

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/15/2018 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2018 7:20 PM

Pull the collars off, put a bolt all the way into one side and tap it until the axle's out. There should be codes on the bearings, which you should be able to buy from a bearing shop.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/15/2018 8:33 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Pull the collars off, put a bolt all the way into one side and tap it until the axle's out. There should be codes on the bearings, which you should be able to buy from a bearing shop.

The collars are stuck on. I tried tapping them off by putting a flathead through the spokes onto the back side, and it did not budge. both sides are stuck.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/15/2018 8:47 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

The collars are stuck on. I tried tapping them off by putting a flathead through the spokes onto the back side, and it did not budge. both sides are stuck.

Did you take the axle out? Lol.

WD-40 on the collar and let it sit, then take it apart...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/16/2018 1:18 AM

My research shows two (2) 6804 bearings:

https://www.jrbicycles.com/g-sport-marmoset-front-hub
http://sdbmx.forumotion.com/t31-common-bearing-and-bolt-nut-sizes

Ebay has two (2) 6804-2RS bearings for $5.44 shipped here. (2 RS = Bearing with rubber seal on both sides)

|

7/16/2018 4:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2018 4:54 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Put a bolt about halfway into one side and tap the axle out: that'll remove one collar. To remove the other one and the bearing, put a bolt halfway into the other side, sit either side of the bearing down on some vise jaws or similar and tap the axle out. Then, use a punch or something to knock the bearing out of the hubshell.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/16/2018 2:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2018 2:37 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Put a bolt about halfway into one side and tap the axle out: that'll remove one collar. To remove the other one and the bearing, put a bolt halfway into the other side, sit either side of the bearing down on some vise jaws or similar and tap the axle out. Then, use a punch or something to knock the bearing out of the hubshell.

I had to beat the shit outta it with a mallet, the collars were stuck on so damn tight. it’s fully disassembled, and the collars refuse to slide back on so i’ll need some grease on em after i get the new bearings in. thank you for your help! Photo

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/16/2018 2:34 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Ebay has two (2) 6804-2RS bearings for $5.44 shipped here. (2 RS = Bearing with rubber seal on both sides)

on the bearings it says “6804v NSK” and in smaller lettering “605”

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/16/2018 2:36 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

those bearings look like they should work perfect. thank you!

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/16/2018 2:38 PM

Advice to you and others, always grease the collars lol. I've always kept mine greased and they slide on and off like butter lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/16/2018 2:50 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I had to beat the shit outta it with a mallet, the collars were stuck on so damn tight. it’s fully disassembled, and the collars refuse to slide back on so i’ll need some grease on em after i get the new bearings in. thank you for your help! Photo

No bother man. If you break the inside corner of the collars(the ones that contact the axle first when you go to put them on) with a file and do the same for either side of the axle, it should make putting the collars back on a bit easier.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

7/16/2018 7:18 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Advice to you and others, always grease the collars lol. I've always kept mine greased and they slide on and off like butter lol

i got this hub used and i hadn’t taken it off my bike since i first installed it, much less taken it all apart. but i will definitely grease them.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/16/2018 7:18 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

No bother man. If you break the inside corner of the collars(the ones that contact the axle first when you go to put them on) with a file and do the same for either side of the axle, it should make putting the collars back on a bit easier.

yup will do, i’ll post back after i get it all back together.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/17/2018 2:25 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

on the bearings it says “6804v NSK” and in smaller lettering “605”

V = Bearing with non-contact seals on one side

NSK = Manufacture

With the 2RS you're getting a much better seal at the slight cost of extra friction vs. the V.

|