G sport MKIV guard warning

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2015 8:44 AM

If you plan on using these guards in the front just buy the rear version, the front version simple doesn't protect the hub very well at all.

Photo

Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

7/25/2015 8:55 AM

As long as it clears the forks I'm sure that's what most will do now lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/25/2015 9:10 AM

The front version is exactly what a Gland is supposed to do. They were never meant to protect the collar, just the hub shell and spokes.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/25/2015 9:12 AM

So it´s basically a new version of their g-land guard, but once again... it´s a spoke guard...

Also by a general way, I don't see the point of full plastic guards, or steel + sleeve; why not simply buy full steel guards and being good for years of grinding !? (instead of only a few months for plastic i guess)
I can understand people who run plastic pegs to slide better, but guards... that´s dumb !!
What´s your point on these plastics guards, does some people really like them ?

|

7/25/2015 9:17 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The front version is exactly what a Gland is supposed to do. They were never meant to protect the collar, just the hub shell ...more

I know that haha can you not see the silver part of the hub shell sticking out? Thats my issue

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

7/25/2015 9:30 AM

Francky wrote:

So its basically a new version of their g-land guard, but once again... its a spoke guard...

Also by a general way, I don't ...more

Few months? Ive seen gsport glands last for years

If you were gonna hit an aluminum rail this big would you want steel guards haha?
Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

7/25/2015 10:29 AM

Francky wrote:

So its basically a new version of their g-land guard, but once again... its a spoke guard...

Also by a general way, I don't ...more

Plastics that rotate can last a LONG time. A buddy of mine does nearly nothing but grinds, and his ORIGINAL glands are still going strong. He used some heavy cord to tie them on instead of the lace or zip ties.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/25/2015 1:30 PM

Glands are designed to protect spokes not the full hub. The new ones look good with the small design

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/8/2020 5:43 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

If you plan on using these guards in the front just buy the rear version, the front version simple doesn't protect the hub ...more

Yo is this the colony wasp hubs? Because I was wondering if the GSport gland mark 4 fits the colony wasp front and rear hubs on the pintour wheel. Thanks

|