GSport Roloway or Eclat seismic cassette hub

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2019 4:00 PM

Both new to the market , which one would you go with? TIA

|

8/9/2019 4:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2019 4:18 PM

Eclat seismic is pretty interesting. I would wait and let other people buy the seismic first and then look at their reviews. I also wonder how it would sound.

|

8/9/2019 4:32 PM

Roloway, G-Sport has proven themselves over 20+ years. The Seismic is a relatively new concept in BMX so I wouldn't buy it for a few months at least.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/9/2019 7:46 PM

I’d be interested in seeing how the seismic goes. But if you love grinds, go g sport. They’ve pretty much been developed over the past 25+ years specifically to take a beating.
They’re very different hubs though so it depends what you want out of a hub. The seismic is lighter with quicker engagement

|

8/9/2019 11:20 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I’d be interested in seeing how the seismic goes. But if you love grinds, go g sport. They’ve pretty much been developed over the past 25+ years specifically to take a beating.
They’re very different hubs though so it depends what you want out of a hub. The seismic is lighter with quicker engagement

The Seismic is listed at 467g but doesnt specify if that's with or without guards. The Roloway is listed as 436g without a guard and 480g with. Either way, they're essentially the same weight.

I would get the Roloway for it's female axle alone, nevermind the risks of being an early adopter of an unproven technology (at least within the context of BMX). Eclat doesn't have the best track record with new products anyways .. think of the Blind hub and the Aeon cranks.

What are the benefits of the Seismic claimed by Eclat? Reduced weight and greater reliability? Maybe compared to other cassettes but the Roloway weighs the same and Gsport is as solid as it comes.

|

8/10/2019 12:27 AM

The spline design is proven from dt Swiss hubs. You might be even able to make the engagement more responsive if a dt Swiss star rather upragde kit could fit in it

|

8/10/2019 6:29 AM

.pegless. wrote:

I’d be interested in seeing how the seismic goes. But if you love grinds, go g sport. They’ve pretty much been developed over the past 25+ years specifically to take a beating.
They’re very different hubs though so it depends what you want out of a hub. The seismic is lighter with quicker engagement

Da Biker Boy wrote:

The Seismic is listed at 467g but doesnt specify if that's with or without guards. The Roloway is listed as 436g without a guard and 480g with. Either way, they're essentially the same weight.

I would get the Roloway for it's female axle alone, nevermind the risks of being an early adopter of an unproven technology (at least within the context of BMX). Eclat doesn't have the best track record with new products anyways .. think of the Blind hub and the Aeon cranks.

What are the benefits of the Seismic claimed by Eclat? Reduced weight and greater reliability? Maybe compared to other cassettes but the Roloway weighs the same and Gsport is as solid as it comes.

I never look at the weight of parts 😂 I just assumed the whole point of stealing dt swiss technology would be to save weight

|

8/10/2019 9:42 AM

If you do get the seismic let us know if its awesome or not! I really am interested in that hub but not enough to buy one.

|

8/10/2019 2:09 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I never look at the weight of parts 😂 I just assumed the whole point of stealing dt swiss technology would be to save weight

Yeah I'm a dork who spends too much time looking at gear 😂

|

8/10/2019 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2019 2:15 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

The spline design is proven from dt Swiss hubs. You might be even able to make the engagement more responsive if a dt Swiss star rather upragde kit could fit in it

It's proven within the context of road biking but I'm not even sure it's used for mountain biking, which would more closely simulate the stresses placed upon it in BMX.

I'll respect any company that tries to innovate and progress but I'm gonna wait and let others try this one out.

My other concerns would include engagement that comes on too quickly and high drag. The actual sound of the hub is amazing though

|

8/10/2019 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2019 4:39 PM

Gsport makes some good stuff with the exception of cassettes, the ratchet was a complete failure and considering this is basically the same thing id go eclat or perhaps wait for the fly bikes copycat

Honestly i was extremely disappointed when I found out the eclat hub made noise because like all cassettes the worst thing about them is the drag aka slow rolling garbage lol

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/10/2019 5:22 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Gsport makes some good stuff with the exception of cassettes, the ratchet was a complete failure and considering this is basically the same thing id go eclat or perhaps wait for the fly bikes copycat

Honestly i was extremely disappointed when I found out the eclat hub made noise because like all cassettes the worst thing about them is the drag aka slow rolling garbage lol

Instant engagement=instant stop after you pedal...lol

Why do you not like the Ratchet?

|

8/10/2019 11:03 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Gsport makes some good stuff with the exception of cassettes, the ratchet was a complete failure and considering this is basically the same thing id go eclat or perhaps wait for the fly bikes copycat

Honestly i was extremely disappointed when I found out the eclat hub made noise because like all cassettes the worst thing about them is the drag aka slow rolling garbage lol

The ratchet wasn’t a failure at all. The 9t driver had a few issues. Which George didn’t want to make because of the inherent issues with a small driver plus big axle and bearings. But it’s a buyers market and they had to keep on trend. There’s people still riding ratchet hubs with 9t drivers out there, which says something about how well they last. Also bear in mind most people that had/have one is because they like using pegs a lot, the axle and bearings can take a hell of a beating

|

8/11/2019 8:03 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Gsport makes some good stuff with the exception of cassettes, the ratchet was a complete failure and considering this is basically the same thing id go eclat or perhaps wait for the fly bikes copycat

Honestly i was extremely disappointed when I found out the eclat hub made noise because like all cassettes the worst thing about them is the drag aka slow rolling garbage lol

.pegless. wrote:

The ratchet wasn’t a failure at all. The 9t driver had a few issues. Which George didn’t want to make because of the inherent issues with a small driver plus big axle and bearings. But it’s a buyers market and they had to keep on trend. There’s people still riding ratchet hubs with 9t drivers out there, which says something about how well they last. Also bear in mind most people that had/have one is because they like using pegs a lot, the axle and bearings can take a hell of a beating

Thats why I got the Antigram which is pretty much a ratchet with a smaller diameter axle. The drivers do get a bit wobbly sometimes, youre right, mine has yet to fail though.

|

8/11/2019 12:24 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Gsport makes some good stuff with the exception of cassettes, the ratchet was a complete failure and considering this is basically the same thing id go eclat or perhaps wait for the fly bikes copycat

Honestly i was extremely disappointed when I found out the eclat hub made noise because like all cassettes the worst thing about them is the drag aka slow rolling garbage lol

.pegless. wrote:

The ratchet wasn’t a failure at all. The 9t driver had a few issues. Which George didn’t want to make because of the inherent issues with a small driver plus big axle and bearings. But it’s a buyers market and they had to keep on trend. There’s people still riding ratchet hubs with 9t drivers out there, which says something about how well they last. Also bear in mind most people that had/have one is because they like using pegs a lot, the axle and bearings can take a hell of a beating

Bulletpup wrote:

Thats why I got the Antigram which is pretty much a ratchet with a smaller diameter axle. The drivers do get a bit wobbly sometimes, youre right, mine has yet to fail though.

The retaining spring popped off mine and made the driver wobble and cracked a delrin washer about a month after I got it. But the washer is still useable and it’s been fine ever since. It’s an overly complicated design if something fails, but if I had pegs I’d trust it over other hubs.

|

8/12/2019 7:21 AM

Da Biker Boy wrote:

It's proven within the context of road biking but I'm not even sure it's used for mountain biking, which would more closely simulate the stresses placed upon it in BMX.

I'll respect any company that tries to innovate and progress but I'm gonna wait and let others try this one out.

My other concerns would include engagement that comes on too quickly and high drag. The actual sound of the hub is amazing though

I work in a mtb shop and we got bikes with dt 350 hubs who use this same exact spline set up. Mountain bikes get beat to hell honestly and the amount of torque that they take is pretty incredible. I’d trust it for bmx

|

8/12/2019 8:56 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Gsport makes some good stuff with the exception of cassettes, the ratchet was a complete failure and considering this is basically the same thing id go eclat or perhaps wait for the fly bikes copycat

Honestly i was extremely disappointed when I found out the eclat hub made noise because like all cassettes the worst thing about them is the drag aka slow rolling garbage lol

Fly copycat? You mean the Magneto hub that has been in design for a decade? If you are implying it is a copycat to Eclat's design, you are wrong. If you are implying it is a copycat to DT Swiss, sure, the ratchet setup is similar, but DT Swiss uses a spring system to push it into place, and Fly is using magnets.

That alone makes them VERY different. Plus the actual ratchet rings look fairly different too- with Flys being a bit narrower with larger outer teeth to lock into the hub VS DT swiss having smaller teeth and being a thicker ring.





|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/12/2019 2:54 PM

G-sport all the way, my homer hubs from 98 are still on their original bearings, and had newer g-sport hubs on all of my other bikes, including my personal holy grail 48hole ratchet hub.

The only time I've ever had to warranty a thing is when my first run ratchet hub shell cracked. I emailed George on a Friday night and he personally came through on his motorbike Monday morning to drop me a new one off with bearings too. Great guy, great company!

|

8/12/2019 6:04 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

G-sport all the way, my homer hubs from 98 are still on their original bearings, and had newer g-sport hubs on all of my other bikes, including my personal holy grail 48hole ratchet hub.

The only time I've ever had to warranty a thing is when my first run ratchet hub shell cracked. I emailed George on a Friday night and he personally came through on his motorbike Monday morning to drop me a new one off with bearings too. Great guy, great company!

Wow and that pos wouldn’t help me out at all when my ratchet failed

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/12/2019 7:08 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Wow and that pos wouldn’t help me out at all when my ratchet failed

That's because you emailed Empirebmx and made it out to be THEIR fault, then claimed the Illuminati intercepted the email or something. Don't even deny it I remember the thread you made on tcub about that and you should be thankful the board no longer exists or I'd go find it and link to it here because you're a dumbass.

You were a class A dickhead from what I remember, no wonder George and/or Empire didn't help you out.

For those on the forum who weren't around back then or don't know, oneguyilluminatieye or plzdntfailmeagn as he was originally before being perma banned (why are you even still here btw?), had issues with his driver. Bitched and moaned because HE didn't have the money to send it back and acted like THEY should pay for it because that's clearly part of the "lifetime warranty" which btw that didn't even cover the driver to begin with if I remember correctly, just axle and shell. Yes, G warrantied drivers for other people but he didn't necessarily even have to but did so because people were nice and didn't act entitled, unlike how you most likely acted.


Not to mention all the other tantrums you threw over it, can only imagine how you actually were when you emailed Empire/George when you constantly say stuff like "he still owes me a ratchet hub for not helping when the hub was faulty made and i have no money to shit it to his retarded ass, i have gave him many chances to send me a new hub and to make shit right cause if he did i wouldn't be typing this." you acted like HE should feel honored to send the great Charles Francis Blood a new driver!!!

Get fucked, asshole.

|

8/13/2019 5:03 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

G-sport all the way, my homer hubs from 98 are still on their original bearings, and had newer g-sport hubs on all of my other bikes, including my personal holy grail 48hole ratchet hub.

The only time I've ever had to warranty a thing is when my first run ratchet hub shell cracked. I emailed George on a Friday night and he personally came through on his motorbike Monday morning to drop me a new one off with bearings too. Great guy, great company!

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Wow and that pos wouldn’t help me out at all when my ratchet failed

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That's because you emailed Empirebmx and made it out to be THEIR fault, then claimed the Illuminati intercepted the email or something. Don't even deny it I remember the thread you made on tcub about that and you should be thankful the board no longer exists or I'd go find it and link to it here because you're a dumbass.

You were a class A dickhead from what I remember, no wonder George and/or Empire didn't help you out.

For those on the forum who weren't around back then or don't know, oneguyilluminatieye or plzdntfailmeagn as he was originally before being perma banned (why are you even still here btw?), had issues with his driver. Bitched and moaned because HE didn't have the money to send it back and acted like THEY should pay for it because that's clearly part of the "lifetime warranty" which btw that didn't even cover the driver to begin with if I remember correctly, just axle and shell. Yes, G warrantied drivers for other people but he didn't necessarily even have to but did so because people were nice and didn't act entitled, unlike how you most likely acted.


Not to mention all the other tantrums you threw over it, can only imagine how you actually were when you emailed Empire/George when you constantly say stuff like "he still owes me a ratchet hub for not helping when the hub was faulty made and i have no money to shit it to his retarded ass, i have gave him many chances to send me a new hub and to make shit right cause if he did i wouldn't be typing this." you acted like HE should feel honored to send the great Charles Francis Blood a new driver!!!

Get fucked, asshole.

Rekt.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura