GT

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2016 8:43 AM

Bmxunion has an article saying dan conway, jeff with glasses, and albert mercado are on GT now. Conway and Mercado left fit and kink for gt. That seems so crazy to me because fit and kink both have some of the best teams and products. GT must be paying a lot! It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. If any of you watched tcu interview with calvin cosovitch he talks about how he almost went to GT but couldn't do it becuase they make you wear a helmet all the time. I can't imagine dan conway and jeff with glasses riding with helmets haha. Here is the article http://bmxunion.com/daily/conway-mercado-ludwig-on-gt-bicycles/

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/17/2016 9:17 AM

having to wear a helmet as a reason to not join a solid sponsor is retarded. I hope that guy gets a concussion.

|

It’s all bmx

5/17/2016 9:36 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

having to wear a helmet as a reason to not join a solid sponsor is retarded. I hope that guy gets a concussion.

word....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

5/17/2016 9:54 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

I already wear a helmet all the time just because it's worth it to me, but i still wouldn't be down if a sponsor said i had to. GT has every right to require it, but it seems like a dumb thing to do. If you want a team of helmet riders why not sponsore people who already wear helmets anyway? Forcing riders to ride a way they don't like seems like a bad idea. Imagine if a comoany was gonna sponsor you adam, but to be on the team you had to take your brakes off. Wouldn't like that much would ya? Anyway, i'm curious if gt will be able to regain respect from everyone. They need to get some signature parts and some killer edits out asap.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/17/2016 11:03 AM

man fuck gt for not releasing the og 4 piece's

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

5/17/2016 11:18 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

man fuck gt for not releasing the og 4 piece's

also this

|

It’s all bmx

5/17/2016 11:58 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

That's not retarded at all. If he doesn't want to wear a helmet that's up to him. Maybe he finds them uncomfortable to ride in, either way it's his choice and a sponsor shouldn't be able to dictate what a rider wears or does. What if GT said "we'll sponsor you, but you have to wear girls jeans and a blouse"?

Anyway, looks like GT are planning to jump back on the bandwagon. I didn't see them helping the scene when there was no money in bmx. Chris moeller probably finds it hilarious.

|

5/17/2016 12:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2016 1:14 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

That's not retarded at all. If he doesn't want to wear a helmet that's up to him. Maybe he finds them uncomfortable to ride in, either way it's his choice and a sponsor shouldn't be able to dictate what a rider wears or does. What if GT said "we'll sponsor you, but you have to wear girls jeans and a blouse"?

Anyway, looks like GT are planning to jump back on the bandwagon. I didn't see them helping the scene when there was no money in bmx. Chris moeller probably finds it hilarious.

Two sides to every coin-

Perhaps it is a way to say "We don't want to pay you for a full contract if you hit your head and are eating through a straw because of a simple choice"

OR maybe they are making a statement about the lack of helmets in BMX and the piss poor attitude nearly every person who SHOULD wear them has. "Helmets are gay" "helmets are stupid" blah blah blah. Find a legit reason.

I know a guy who rode for GT, they had (back then) a pretty strict "ride for X amount of hours" clause. Not sure how that is now, but I can tell you I would want my team to be putting in a decent amount of time riding to keep things up. Wouldn't want to pay dudes to do nothing.

Either way I can see not forcing a rider to, but at the same time a sponsorship is a JOB. You work at a welding place and they catch you welding without a mask/helmet, you will be talked to and could be fired. Same with Nascar. You aren't driving without meeting the safety requirements.

Same with not wearing safety glasses.

So the logic I use is if those dudes wanna ride for GT, they gotta play by the rules. If they don't want to follow the rules, they can move on to another company.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/17/2016 2:12 PM

It has ups and downs , 1 helmets are helpful regardless of what you think and more people should wear them but at the same time if you don't ride one you don't need too ; if you make a stink about a helmet , then don't accept the sponsorship . It's simple. Honestly if they pay you better than other companies and all the ask is to wear a helmet , and have a "certain" amount of hours ridden ( presuming what Dave said is applicable ) then it's totally worth it ! We all ride for fun , a helmet won't ruin it .

Unrelated , I saw a Rob Wise GT complete in camo and it looked fucking sick , they seem to have good completes ascetically , I'd ride one .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/18/2016 9:01 AM

I'd support GT if they came back and made quality products and supported the sport. GT was always a kind of a mainstream brand around me back in the day. No one really had them at the trails and no one really got excited about them, but nevertheless they were everywhere.

Last year I bought a GT fueler as a cheap way to try to get into a 20" again. It was the biggest POS. The seatstays were welded crooked. One of the bars was not long enough to meet the bb cup and there was just welding to fill in the gap. There were holes in the seat tube welding. They also had some shady false marketing going on. The ad said it came with GT mohawk hubs laced to alienation rims. It did not. It still says that on the page!
http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa_en/2014/bikes/bmx/dirt/2014-fueler

I returned it.

|