GT Air 2014 Any good?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2014 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2014 7:42 PM

I have been thinking of buying a GT air BMX. I haven't really came upon an answer to either buy it or not. I haven't really found any good reviews and I was thinking maybe you guys who have already purchased it, can give me a solid answer if the bike is good or not. I've been reading on reviews from older models and hoped they enhanced some features on the 2014 model. The main thing i wanted to ask is that, is the bike strong enough to handle jumps? My brother has a BMX and I usually ride it. I love riding it and doing tricks. But will the BMX handle stair jumps? I also wanted to know if the handle bars length is still the same from the older models... I hate lengthy handle bars..
Thanks,
Shane

|

8/3/2014 8:39 PM

Yes. Buy it.

|

8/3/2014 8:50 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Yes. Buy it.

Why should I buy it? I'm assuming you own the bike or someon you know, owns the bike.. But is there a solid reason why I should buy it? Is the parts strong or.... Please give me more info about the bike..

|

8/3/2014 10:21 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Yes. Buy it.

okay dont listen to him.. this bike all hitensile steel parts which isint very strong.. if your going to do stair jumps and stuff its fine but the better you get the harder you are on you bike.. this bike has no sealed bearings and pinned single wall rims.. crap and for 280$ if i were you this is what i would do! https://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102347/2014_Fit_Dugan_1_Bike.html go ahead and buy this bike its well worth it all sealed bearings and chromoly! it does have single wall rims but you can replace those this bike is only 60$ more so do it well worth it.. its going to last you a long time and just replace parts that break!

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

8/3/2014 11:16 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Yes. Buy it.

Justin_rm250 wrote:

okay dont listen to him.. this bike all hitensile steel parts which isint very strong.. if your going to do stair jumps and stuff its fine but the better you get the harder you are on you bike.. this bike has no sealed bearings and pinned single wall rims.. crap and for 280$ if i were you this is what i would do! https://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102347/2014_Fit_Dugan_1_Bike.html go ahead and buy this bike its well worth it all sealed bearings and chromoly! it does have single wall rims but you can replace those this bike is only 60$ more so do it well worth it.. its going to last you a long time and just replace parts that break!

Thanks a lot Justin! I have come to a solution... I'm not going to buy that bike. Also Justin, you seem to know a lot about bikes... I was wondering whats the best bike there is for me... I know you mentioned the Fit Dugan 1 bmx. I was just wondering if you knew anymore bikes with excellent parts that will last me a while. I really don't care what the price is, I just want a really strong bike.

|

8/3/2014 11:22 PM

well, what kind of stuff are you going to be doing with the bike, trails dirt jumps, park riding or street riding, and how tall are you, thats a good place to start and what is your budget to spend on a bike?

|

8/3/2014 11:23 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Yes. Buy it.

Justin_rm250 wrote:

Shaneshadow wrote:

Thanks a lot Justin! I have come to a solution... I'm not going to buy that bike. Also Justin, you seem to know a lot about bikes... I was wondering whats the best bike there is for me... I know you mentioned the Fit Dugan 1 bmx. I was just wondering if you knew anymore bikes with excellent parts that will last me a while. I really don't care what the price is, I just want a really strong bike.

Oh so what price range are you looking at cause if it high enough you can build a custom! Or a high end complete. What's your price range?

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

8/3/2014 11:27 PM

I'm a street kinda person. I love doing jumps and grinding. But I also love doing some dirt.
And my buget is anything below 600. That's all I got saved up.

|

8/3/2014 11:31 PM

Also... My friend is a pretty good at biking and he too wants a BMX. However he's price range is 200- 300. He broke his Frame off his last BMX and wants to get a new bike. Hes Into the same stuff, jumping stairs and grinding..
Thanks guys for helping out.

|

8/3/2014 11:32 PM

do you grind on the left or right, if you grind on the right i would get a left hand drive set up.

|

8/3/2014 11:37 PM

Okay here just have your friend buy a new frame if he already has other parts that work.. And for you get a 2015 kink liberty left hand drive or right hand drive depending on the way you grind? And buy a set off maxxis dirt tires and your good to go! Then buy parts for your bike if they break!

|

8/3/2014 11:44 PM

I grind on my right.
And my friend just wants a new bmx.. He doesn't like his old parts..
And I'll get the kink liberty.
Thanks mate.

|

8/4/2014 1:08 AM

i had the kink liberty before, good bike i liked it a lot and i also had the stolen sinner which also comes in a lhd, and dans has that on sale for 409 now. I also liked that bike too. Id just get the complete you like and replace parts as they break, So i saw that your friend has a 200-300 limit and if you go to www.the-house.com http://www.the-house.com/qgtbum20sw12zz-gt-bmx-bikes.html, i almost bought it to get back into biking but then i bought one on craigslist

|