Gaps

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2016 6:03 AM

I think I figured out my ankle problem,I have my foot placed wrong on my pedals but I fixed that and it helped but when I do gaps and land, I land hard. I've seen stevie Churchill whip a big ass stair set and made it look smooth when he lands, when I land it looks like I did a drop from 20 feet. Sometimes I'll do a 6 foot gap and my bars will move that kinda proves I'm landing wrong or something,yes I tighten my bars tight and in a x way with the stem bolts. So my question can you tell me how I should land or how you land.

|

3/21/2016 6:20 AM

I think that the main way to get good at gaps and drops is to spend tons of time practicing them. This may sound dumb but when I started I thought that a 5 stair was a massive drop. Just keep doing them and you will get more comfortable. Remember to land slightly with the back wheel first to try and save your wrists. I don't kow exactly how to explain it besides the fact that you have to practice tons to get to landing comfortably

|

3/21/2016 6:38 AM

Go faster. The key to gaps is go fast pull up. And also let your back tire land before your front but not too much before or you might loop out.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/21/2016 6:40 AM

I've been doing gaps for like 2 years idk do you think I could have arthritis?? I've just keep getting this ankle pain but it felt like it healed and then it will do it again when I do sum big.

|

3/21/2016 7:14 AM

Get better trainers that don't flex too much, with more padding and support. Most trainers are wafty now and don't offer any support. Get some mid tops if possible. Something with more padding and support, like older design skate trainers. I know I just repeated myself, started typing without knowing what I was going to type and now I can't be bothered to change it

|

3/21/2016 8:58 AM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

I've been doing gaps for like 2 years idk do you think I could have arthritis?? I've just keep getting this ankle pain but it felt like it healed and then it will do it again when I do sum big.

I have this too. It is usually fine but if i landed two tires or front heavy i re injure my left ankle. Get an ankle brace and learn to put the landing gear down.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/21/2016 11:33 AM

Go fast , faster than you need to , overshoot that stuff Mach speed , so much less of an impact when you land

|

3/21/2016 9:57 PM

Sometimes you land good and sometimes you don't .

There's a loading dock that feels like going off a ledge at times and jumping off a house at others . Just land back wheel first and harden your wrists and you'll be good

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short