General

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2015 10:25 PM

Vague thread .

First off , Merry Christmas too everyone hopefully it went well .

I've been barely riding lately unfortunately , not as much as least . Been busy with work and holidays but it should settle down a bit now .

Today I went riding my local shitty jib park with a homie and got some lines I've fucked with a bit beforehand and finally got . Feeble - manual - switch ice / chink a rail . Also , hop manual a ledge - drop down manual - down a bank and then straight tooth a ledge . Pretty jib but it was sweet .

My buddy was riding an S&M frame , the opposite of the Tall Boy ... forgot the name but it's the BMXFU one. It looked sweet in raw . I've bounced around a raw Fly Geo or a raw S&M frame , but S&M frames are all close to 600$ here in Canada so I might pass just for the fact alone I can get something else for 400$ . If anyone has suggestions , let me know . S&M always seems to make good shit but 600$ is steep . Not sure about it yet . But that Bonesaw frame looks pretty appealing now , or the Tall Boy .

I think for 2016 I want to learn barspins and crankflips because I said crankflips were gay but barely do them , so might as well do them before actually having an opinion on them.

I think 2016's trends will be have this 24.4mm handlebar / stem combo or whatever and more weird colours obviously. I also think knobby / aggressive tires will appear more.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/28/2015 10:28 PM

I heard Texas and southern states are getting hammered with floods tornados and blizzards all at once , Lemmy died today , the worlds going to hell in a hand basket for 2016 is my prediction

|

12/28/2015 10:39 PM

i predict splined bars/stems/forks.
Are the frames really expensive bc of tax?

|

12/28/2015 10:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2015 10:46 PM

No the frames are real expensive here because our dollar is in the shitter here in Canada , I remember when you could get an s&m frame for 400 here

|

12/28/2015 11:28 PM

Yea it's not the ideal weather here in Texas to be out riding at the moment. I've been taking apart my bikes and cleaning/re-greasing the parts in the meantime.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

12/29/2015 12:07 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I heard Texas and southern states are getting hammered with floods tornados and blizzards all at once , Lemmy died today , the ...more

I'm pretty choked that he pasted away. Haven't checked the news but it's a shame if that's happening . Can't stop Mother Nature though ... hopefully everyone is ok.

And yah S&M frames are insane here . That's why I asked because I know high standards are what they strive for but damn over half of 1k for a frame seems pretty nuts . What if I don't even like the thing ?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/29/2015 1:25 AM

You can't not like an s&m, even if the geometry doesn't suit you, it'll have a shield on the headtube smile over here they're £400 which is a lot more than other frames. But you get what you pay for. American steel is much higher quality (Taiwanese chromoly isn't true 4130), and you'd be giving your money to a proper bmx company who make everything in house because they want it to be the best. Not just some company that get stuff made in a factory the other side of the world.

Lemmy isn't dead, he's just gone to fight the devil and spit jack Daniels in his face.

My prediction for 2016 is bmx going a bit quieter. There will still be kids starting, but a lot of riders will be giving up to spend time in the pub or spending all their money on cars.
I think the tech street thing will start to die down a bit too. Trails will be a bit more popular. Park rats will get insanely good quickly. And street will become a nice mix of tech and big.

Parts wise, I don't think anything groundbreaking will happen. 24mm cranks will probably become a bit more popular (and better). I'd like to see profile release 2piece cranks. Maybe people will start worrying a little more about strength, and less about weight

|

12/29/2015 1:31 AM

I hope flatland gets resurrected (well it's not really dead, but I wish it became more popular). I like watching flatlanders do their ballerina/break dancing moves.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

12/29/2015 7:44 AM

well tallboy has run if the mill geo. the fly has 75.5 headtube the tallboy has just 75

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

12/29/2015 12:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2015 12:27 PM

"Taiwanese chromoly isn't true 4130"

If that is true then every single BMX company, Fixie company and several other cycling avenues built in Taiwan are falsely advertising their materials and are wide open to class action lawsuits that would completely ruin them.

The 4130 is actually the chemical composition of the materials, not a brand. There are TONS of variations when it comes to 4130 Chromoly, from low end, generic stuff to high end, quality stuff. There is no "true 4130".

Here is a decent article that explains it pretty well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2015 12:45 PM

barely riding, little flat, little park, little just cruising down the street. Flatland jam in Lake Charles jan 9

|

It’s all bmx

12/29/2015 12:51 PM

2016 will have me working on some front brake stuff, and learning some stuff with my coaster.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2015 2:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2015 2:37 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

"Taiwanese chromoly isn't true 4130"

If that is true then every single BMX company, Fixie company and several other cycling ...more

Did you read the bit about Taiwanese chromoly? 4130 is a US grade, technically speaking, any "4130" that isn't manufactured in the US isn't true 4130. The numbers indicate the amount of chromium and molybdenum used. True 4130 is an engineering term, meaning lower grades aren't "true". Taiwanese "4130" has more imperfections, thus it isn't "true". And therefore, cannot be classed the same as US 4130

There's plenty of articles on the Internet about chromoly and how it's graded.

Ps. Metal isn't a chemical

|

12/29/2015 2:44 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I heard Texas and southern states are getting hammered with floods tornados and blizzards all at once , Lemmy died today , the ...more

yeah, right? I didn't know that dude could actually die. I can see the spitting jack daniels in the devil's eye part though :D

2016, get comfortable on a bike again, work off beer/pizza/taco bell etc. gut using said bike, get the basics down solid like second nature (manual, bunny hop, endo)

since i'm just jumping back in, I'm excited to see what kind of trends come out of 2016, and see how everyone reacts. (good or bad)

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

12/29/2015 2:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2015 2:49 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

well tallboy has run if the mill geo. the fly has 75.5 headtube the tallboy has just 75

I'm pretty sure 74.5, 75 and 75.5 are all "run of the mill" these day's. smile

What size frame are you looking at OP?

|

12/29/2015 2:49 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Yup.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands