Geometry

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2018 5:55 AM

I just don't get it. Does the total length of the bike matter or just the top tube?

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

2/1/2018 5:57 AM

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/1/2018 6:01 AM

Angles of seat tube and head tube, tube length, BB height, rear end length and steer tube length come into play (some more than others).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/1/2018 6:03 AM

I did, thanks!

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

2/1/2018 6:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2018 6:45 AM

Total length really has nothing to do with how a bike fits you. However, it does affect things like hops, manuals, spins, etc..; & that is all in relation to the person riding it. Someone 6'1" tall riding a 21.5" TT frame with a 13.5 rear, might feel similar to them as someone who is 5'9" tall, riding a 20.75" TT & a 13.25" rear (assuming all other things are equal.... seat tube, head tube angles.... etc....). At your stage, you should just concentrate on a general street, park, trails geo (depending on what style you want to ride) & the size that is appropriate for you. At this point of your development, your geo is going to play less of a factor in your abilities than practice (assuming your bike is sized appropriately).

|

2/1/2018 4:49 PM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I just don't get it. Does the total length of the bike matter or just the top tube?

It all matters. Some stuff more than others, but probably doesn't matter as much as people think it does. It is nice when you finally figure out exactly what geometry feels best for your size, and riding style. Took me a few different frames to figure out what I like. Even then you can change the way a frame feels a lot, just by changing stem reach, stem rise, bar height, bar width, bar angle, tire size, crank legnth, even the thickness of your pedals can raise or lower your bottom bracket. The same with tires, they can even change your head tube angle, along with bb height, depending on size combinations. So many little tweeks can change the feel of your bike. Experiment with different things to figure out what works for you.

|