Getting More Hang Time Help

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2019 1:32 PM

I'm want to start learning some air tricks, however, I'm dogshit when it comes to getting hang time off diy kicker ramp. Are there any tips other than just doing more jumps until I figure it out?
Does more height mean more air time or are they two different things? I'm trying to figure out the mindset here.

Thanks

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

7/15/2019 2:07 PM

It's a weird thing for sure.

For me, I could never grasp the idea off kickers too well either. Obviously every kicker is different, but I think it has to do a lot with getting a feel for how different speeds affect the feel when you take off the kicker. Of course, doing a little bunny hop off the lip affects the jump too, but I think it's more important to adjust to the ramp.

Back when I was learning one-handers and one-footers, I first began on my little kicker. I rode it so often that I adjusted to the shape of that ramp, so when I took to the skatepark with completely different ramps, it took forever to actually land them even though I could do them endlessly on my kicker.

I'd say keep riding it, but maybe go at it a little faster each time and experiment with those little hops off the lip until you find that you have a decent amount of airtime to actually try tricks.

GL!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

7/15/2019 2:28 PM

Try pull into a manual from the bottom of the kicker, being careful not to loop out at the top.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/16/2019 12:32 PM

Boost it, don’t squash it.

|

Ride everything

7/16/2019 1:05 PM

You are going too slow

|

7/18/2019 6:35 AM

Jibby wrote:

Can you elaborate on this?

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

7/18/2019 7:30 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

Squashing is the opposite of boosting and is usually done by bending the knees when you hit the ramp to absorb the upward force.

Boosting is usually done by basically trying to manual up the ramp(but usually without actually lifting the front wheel off the ground/ramp).

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/18/2019 1:59 PM

Jibby wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Squashing is the opposite of boosting and is usually done by bending the knees when you hit the ramp to absorb the upward force.

Boosting is usually done by basically trying to manual up the ramp(but usually without actually lifting the front wheel off the ground/ramp).

I think I understand. When hitting the ramp stay a stiff-ish. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the help!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram