Getting New Handlebars

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2016 6:48 AM

Hi there,
I'm changing my 8.7 sunday tall-t bar for a taller one. So far I have three offers:
1)bsd zingbar 9.25
2)primo rebar 10
3)fly isla 9.25

Which ones would you recommend? The rebar is definitely taller, but I'm afraid it might be too tall. (Im 6 feet tall)
Also, another question - since the tall-T has a 12 back 4 up geo, and the zingbar and rebar have 11 back 2 up, what difference would this make?
Thanks

|

4/25/2016 7:43 AM

I personally really notice the difference in upsweep. Some people don't though. Either way you'd probably get used to them.
I personally also don't like tall bars. But I flipped my topload stem upside-down to compensate. You could get the rebar and if it's too tall you could play around with spacers and stem to dial it in

|

4/25/2016 10:41 AM

With one 10mm spacer your bars would be the same distance taller grantee your steered tube allows. I use one 5mm spacer and it puts my 8.85 fit bennys in the perfect position for mass destruction

|

4/25/2016 11:05 AM

elevenz

|

It’s all bmx

4/25/2016 11:40 AM

chiefndaily wrote:

With one 10mm spacer your bars would be the same distance taller grantee your steered tube allows. I use one 5mm spacer and it puts my 8.85 fit bennys in the perfect position for mass destruction

I have already put the maximum amount of spacers

|

4/25/2016 11:40 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I personally really notice the difference in upsweep. Some people don't though. Either way you'd probably get used to them.
I personally also don't like tall bars. But I flipped my topload stem upside-down to compensate. You could get the rebar and if it's too tall you could play around with spacers and stem to dial it in

What difference did the upsweep make for you and your riding?

|

4/25/2016 12:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

kisame2660 wrote:

I went from 3 to 1degree, after riding a a couple of pairs of bars with 3degree over the past couple of years, it just didn't feel nice. I could've got used to it if I carried on riding them, but I had 3 pairs of bars at the time so I just went back to the 3degree.

How many spacers do you have under your stem? What stem have you got? I played around a lot with bar height, ended up using 9" bars and a 31mm stack stem for a while but couldn't get used to it. Flipped the stem and now it's perfect. Quite a drop as it's pretty much 0 stack on the stem now. But it's pretty easy to play around with depending on how many spacers you can move around and what stack your stem has. If you've got a top load and 10mm of spacers, and 5mm stack on your headset, you can flip your stem, or take a couple of spacers out. Worst case scenario you could go back to your old bars and trade the new ones for something else

|

4/25/2016 6:29 PM

S&m slams.

Out of those the flys.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/26/2016 10:18 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

kisame2660 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

I went from 3 to 1degree, after riding a a couple of pairs of bars with 3degree over the past couple of years, it just didn't feel nice. I could've got used to it if I carried on riding them, but I had 3 pairs of bars at the time so I just went back to the 3degree.

How many spacers do you have under your stem? What stem have you got? I played around a lot with bar height, ended up using 9" bars and a 31mm stack stem for a while but couldn't get used to it. Flipped the stem and now it's perfect. Quite a drop as it's pretty much 0 stack on the stem now. But it's pretty easy to play around with depending on how many spacers you can move around and what stack your stem has. If you've got a top load and 10mm of spacers, and 5mm stack on your headset, you can flip your stem, or take a couple of spacers out. Worst case scenario you could go back to your old bars and trade the new ones for something else

I have the fiend reynolds 2015 stem (flipped) right now with two spacers - one 10mm and one 5mm
Height isn't that much of a concern, I'm more concerned with the difference in upsweep
I will see, if it's not for me I will trade them for something else

|

4/26/2016 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2016 6:11 AM

Anyway, any opinions on the primo or the bsd?

|