Getting back in

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2019 6:22 PM

I haven't been on here in years because I sold my bike to go towards a car. Now that I'm on my feet I decided to buy another bike to get back into bmx again. I'm not up to date with a lot of the new parts on the market.

So I'm looking for pegs, tires, and possibly some new grips. What's some good products that I should get? I'm mostly gonna be riding street.

Thanks guys

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

1/21/2019 6:31 PM

Maxxis grifter tires , odi lock on grips

|

1/21/2019 7:26 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Maxxis grifter tires , odi lock on grips

Ditto

|

1/21/2019 11:01 PM

Animal pegs, Maxxis tires and FBM grips

|

1/21/2019 11:29 PM

BSD Donnasqueaks and Dan Paley grips

|

1/22/2019 12:16 AM

Some suggestions, based on my experience with these parts would be...

Tires: Animal GLH
Grips: Animal Edwin’s
Plastic pegs: Eclat venom
Metal pegs: Animal lino

|

Ride everything

1/22/2019 2:49 AM

Fit faf 2.25 front and rear
Animal edwin grips
No pegs

|

1/22/2019 4:21 AM

While you were away, we all started ice riding. All the parts suggested are great for this, you'll figure it out.

|

1/22/2019 4:25 AM

4130Junkie wrote:

While you were away, we all started ice riding. All the parts suggested are great for this, you'll figure it out.

There's a troupe you can join for ice skating.... er.... RIDING. I just saw it. I'm gonna be a star!

|

1/22/2019 11:31 PM

Ha i remember you. Animal glh tires, animal team pegs, animal kocsis grips. Can’t go wrong with those. Also don’t buy anything from danscomp anymore. They dropped their whole team and almost went bankrupt and now they have terrible service and no parts actually in stock. They don’t support bmx so don’t support them, if you don’t have a local shop, order from powersbikeshop.com we got you

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/23/2019 5:52 AM

BSD Donnasqueak tires and S&m Hoder grips.

The Donnasqueaks are a great, grippy street and park tire, also could be used in dirt...

Hoder grips, they're thick, soft, and really comfy. When your hands sweat they dont slide and your hands still grip them well.

Highly reccomend both of those.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/23/2019 6:31 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Ha i remember you. Animal glh tires, animal team pegs, animal kocsis grips. Can’t go wrong with those. Also don’t buy anything from danscomp anymore. They dropped their whole team and almost went bankrupt and now they have terrible service and no parts actually in stock. They don’t support bmx so don’t support them, if you don’t have a local shop, order from powersbikeshop.com we got you

I ordered an Animal Broadway seat on Saturday from Powers and I see that it won't arrive until Friday. It's only traveling from VA to MD. Why does something like that take so long?

I can get parts from Able's in MI in three days or from Empire in TX in two days...

|

1/23/2019 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2019 9:23 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

dead goon wrote:

I ordered an Animal Broadway seat on Saturday from Powers and I see that it won't arrive until Friday. It's only traveling from VA to MD. Why does something like that take so long?

I can get parts from Able's in MI in three days or from Empire in TX in two days...

I tried other online shops; like you, I kept going back to Empire and Albe’s. They get it to my door in 3 days or less every time. I typically want to play with my ordered parts before the weekend! Empire and Albe’s understand that.

I want to give powersbikeshoo and Stacked bike shop a chance too though. Stacked’s IG and YouTube channel are rad.

|

1/23/2019 11:56 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I tried other online shops; like you, I kept going back to Empire and Albe’s. They get it to my door in 3 days or less every time. I typically want to play with my ordered parts before the weekend! Empire and Albe’s understand that.

I want to give powersbikeshoo and Stacked bike shop a chance too though. Stacked’s IG and YouTube channel are rad.

Yeah, I try to spread the love but I'm a little confused by this latest purchase.

I can only assume it wasn't in stock and they haven't updated their website...?

|